1 hotels in this place
Maracay is the capital of Aragua state in Venezuela.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Maracay
- Plaza Bolivar shady trees in the middle of town
- Plaza Girardot to the honour of the US volunteers which were killed by the spaniards in 1806
- Museo Aeronautico, near Plaza Bolivar, one of the best aeronautic museums in South America, in particular interesting its collection of vintage helicopters.
Popular events in Maracay in the near future
Usually the tourists don't spend much time in Maracay, just using it as point to buy supplies before traveling north to the attractive beaches of Cata, Choroní, Cuyagua, etc. (collectively called the Aragua beaches). You can travel to these beaches taking a bus in the terminal located at Ave. Constitucion with Ave. Fuerza Aereas. Try to avoid traveling during the Venezuelan high seasons: Carnival, the Holy Week and the Christmas season (from December 23th to January 2nd), as you may find hard to find a bus or a hotel. During workdays these beaches tend to be empty.
There are some great shopping centers if you love shopping:
- Parque Aragua at Avenida Fuerzas Aéreas with Avenida Bolivar (There is also a Calle Bolivar near C.C Hiper Jumbo) in Urbanizacion Parque Aragua
- C.C Hiper Jumbo at Avenida Fuerzas Aéreas with Avenida Jose Casanova Godoy. This is my personal favorite.
- C.C Global at Avenida Bolivar with Calle 12 in Barrio Independencia
- Las Americas at Avenida Las Delicias with Calle Soublette/ Avenida Andres Bello
- Centro Comercial Maracay on Avenida Miranda 200 mts from Calle Mariño. Avenida Miranda is one way.
Many good restaurants can be found along the Las Delicias avenue. Some cheap eats are found in the area of the market near Plaza Bicentenario.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Maracay on Wikivoyage.