4 hotels in this place
Piura is the capital city of the region of Piura in northern Peru. It´s a bit bustly and not overly beautiful, yet still has an attractive air, and is a great place to gobble down some tasty Peruvian cuisine.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Piura
In the city of Piura there is wonderful colonial architecture, gorgeous plazas and parks, a large market, and a museum.
Popular events in Piura in the near future
The city of Piura is among the best places to eat in Perú. Try ceviche; fish and other types of seafood are always fresh. Another options are leche de tigre (tiger´s milk, obviously is not made of a tiger), seco de chabelo, jalea, etc. Food is not particularly spicy in the Mexican sense, though there is a good deal of hot onion and citrus juice in ceviche. In Piura city you can visit El Caracol azul restaurant, La Santitos, Cafe Capuchino or Manos Morenas restaurant.
If you want to eat traditional food, you can visit Catacaos city or Sullana city (have a care in Sullana); both have great restaurants, particularly those of Don Carlos in Sullana. In the mountains around Ayabaca it is possible to find restaurants where they serve cuy (Guinea Pig), as well as food with more chili (aji).
- Ganimedes, Jiron Lima 440, ☎ +51 73 329 176. 7am-10pm. This vegetarian bakery and restaurant bakes great breads, and offers healthy breakfast & meals. Granola, yogurt, fresh fruit juices, and friendly help. $2-3.
- Snack Bar Romano, Ayacucho 580, ☎ +51 73 323399. 7am-11pm. Fantastic ceviche and other local specialties abound at this old favorite. S/7-18.
- Matteo's Vegetarian Restaurante, On the main plaza. Good vegetarian food for between 8-15. Wide ranging menu, includes fruit yogurts, soups, etc.
- Don Pareche, one block south of the Plaza De Armas on Jiron Tacna. good atmosphere, seafood, desserts and friendly service
Pizzeria Trattoria La Nonna Pizzas, starters, pasta, desserts in a very nice place with very good atmosphere and Italian music, in the center of the old town.
- Plaza del Sol Shopping Centre, Calles Cuzco y Huancavelica (1 block south of Grau, in the town centre). Has cinemas, a food court, shops, a department store and ATMs.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Piura on Wikivoyage.