2 hotels in this place
Puerto Villamil is a town on Isabela, one of the Galapagos Islands. Most of the inhabitants live in agriculture and fishing, but also tourism is growing. It's a nice place to hang out on the beach for a few days or do some snorkeling.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Puerto Villamil
For things to see around Puerto Villamil see Isabela.
Popular events in Puerto Villamil in the near future
About Puerto Villamil
- Snorkeling - snorkeling around Las tintoreras or Concha de Perla is excellent. You might also ask a local panga owner to take you out to "Los Tuneles", or "The Tunnels", a wonderful area of eroded lava islets filled with sea life.
- Hiking - there's a nice 2,5-3 hours (return trip) hike to the wall of tears. On the way there are lots of things to see; lakes with flamingos and other wildlife, beaches with hundreds of (really big) iguanas, beaches with sea lions, giant turtoises and there are some view points. Take plenty of water, sunscreen and a hat.
- Visit the tortoise breeding center - A nice half hour walk from town through mangroves to the breeding center. Some information and lots of giant tortoises (free)
- Diving - there is only one diving center on the island which offers dives for 120-140$.
There are several restaurants and bakeries in Puerto Villamil. Most restaurants serve rice, beans and a piece of meat for around 2 dollars.
- Encantado de Pepa is a wonderful little cafe serving good food on a clean and charming patio adjacent to the town's main square. La Pepa is one of the most entertaining characters in the Galapagos.
The nightlive is pretty sedate in Puerto Villamil.
- Bar de Beto is a beachfront bar popular with locals and travelers, good to grab a beer and chill out.
Shops in Puerto Villamil sell food, supplies, and souvenirs.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Puerto Villamil on Wikivoyage.