0 hotels in this place
Puerto López lies at the Pacific Coast of Ecuador. It is a mostly dirt-road (or mudslide depending on the rainfall) fishing village lying in a bay on a wide stretch of beach.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Puerto Lopez
- Each morning, around 6:00-7:30 the day's fishing catch is brought in the beach. A mad rush ensues with best catches being bought and carted away quite quickly. You can see sharks, swordfish, wahoo (from the tuna family), and more. Apart from fish, you will see at least frigate birds and pelicans trying to get their share of the catch.
Popular events in Puerto Lopez in the near future
About Puerto Lopez
- Horseback riding. You can join a horse (or mule) tour in the nature park. Most of the agencies in town should offer these tours when asked. $40 for a full day.
- Several tour agents organise trips to the Poor Man's Galapagos: Isla la Plata (around $30 not including park fees, 1 1/2 hours boat ride). On the island you will be able to see plenty of blue and red footed boobies, frigate birds, sea turtles, and if you're lucky, sea lions. The tour is combined with whale watching trips, if it's the right season. The humpbackwhale season is from June to September. Diving is also possible.
The Whale Café offers delicious pizzas made with homemade bread, along with dishes from all over the world from $5-$10. Cheaper cuisine can be purchased from food carts a few blocks east of the shore -- 35-cent empanadas, for example. The shoreline is lined with restaurants which mostly serve seafood and range in price from $3.50-$10. There are also three Italian restaurants in town. Finally, one can purchase ceviche and sometimes sandwiches from the cabañas on the shore.
- Etnias Cafe, main street near the malecon (next door to fire station). 8am to 7pm. Lovely little cafe run by a French couple -- offers waffles, crepes, espresso, cappuccino, and great cakes and deserts. Very nice people that run the shop, who speak English and Spanish as well as french. Free wifi. $1-4.
- Restaurant Russo, corner of main street near the malecon (cross the road from Etnias Cafe and you'll see the sign of Russo). 9am to 12pm. Real Russian and European cuisine. Decent small European-style restaurant with real steak blood, Russian pelmeny and wareniky. Works till 12PM which is extremely rare here. Run by a very friendly Ukrainian couple who speak Spanish and Russian. $2.50-8.
You can sit outside at one of the restaurants and drink, or you can go to one of the cabañas, which blast salsa music and reggae throughout the evenings. Fruity drinks cost between $3 and $5, while the local beer of choice, PIlsener, goes for $1.25 for 600ml.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Puerto López on Wikivoyage.