2 hotels in this place
Ibagué is the capital city of the Tolima department. It is located on the eastern slopes of the Cordillera Central and known as the musical city of Colombia, due to its famous conservatory. At 1250m above sea-level, it has a spring-like climate. Ibagué is a starting point for travellers who wish to do the Nevado del Tolima trek. Apart from that, it's a small, safe, friendly city with a special charm, although there's not an awful lot to do here.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Ibague
- Conservatorio del Tolima, Calle 9 No. 1-18. Founded in 1906, it comprises an old, crumbling building and a modern one. Ask the guard to show you the views from the top. It's just round the corner from Plaza Bolívar. While the building itself is not that impressive, it's an important part of the city's heritage.
- Jardín Botanico San Jorge, Cra 8 No. 19-120 Barrio Interlaken, ☎ (098) 2638354. Botanical garden located at the edge of Ibagué boasting over 500 species of plants. It has 7 km of nature trails (visitors can choose between a short, flat walk, or a longer, more challenging one). You'll have the chance to see a coca plant, if you've never seen one before.
- Fundación Orquidea del Tolima (Reserva Natural Orquídeas del Tolima), Cra 30 No. 13-35, ☎ (098) 2605995. Nature reserve with an impressive selection of orchids, including the national flower of Colombia, the endangered Cattleya trianae. There is a nature trail leading to a mirador where you can see a large part of Ibagué.
- La Martinica. A nature reserve along the Armenia bypass that offers a good panoramic view of the whole city of Ibagué and the surrounding area. It is the hill with several telecommunications masts on top of it. Start early, as it can get quite hot. It will take you 2-3 hours to reach the top (1530 metres).
- Hang around Plaza Bolívar watching people.
- Shalom, Cra 3 between Calle 8 and Calle 9. Serves good quality, inexpensive set meals.
- Yel Coctel Delicatessen, Calle 10 between Cra 4 and Cra 5. Try the cakes and avena drink.
- Mateus, Calle 10 between Cra 3 and Cra 4. Try the delicious freshly baked bread.
- Tertulia, Cra 5 between Calle 10 and Calle 11. A good indoor venue to enjoy a beer while listening to rock music.
- Libro y Son. Nice setting to listen to salsa and enjoy a few beers, it's near the Universidad del Tolima away from the City center.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Ibagué on Wikivoyage.