Vina del Mar
8 hotels in this place
Viña del Mar is in Central Chile and is a beach resort town close to Santiago de Chile. It's the most important beach in country. It plays host to a famous music festival every year in mid-February.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Vina del Mar
- La Quinta Vergara - a beautiful garden with trees from China and Canada for example. In the same place the Festival de Viña takes places every year in the last week of February.
- Plaza del Reloj/Parque Reloj de Flores - near the beaches there is a clock where the numbers are made of flowers.
- Near the beaches the hotel Miramar is located and if you continue to walk you can see Castillo Wulf, an old castle built by German immigrants and for the locals the famously Paseo Arabe. But if you ask any of the locals why it's famous, surprisingly few can answer the question.
- Near the north end of the beach there is an open air museum of naval artillery. Avoid taking pictures without asking permission from staff.
- Museo Artequin en Viña del Mar, Alcalde Prieto Nieto 500, Parque Potrerillos, ☎ +56 32 297 3637. A museum of reproductions of representative works from Western artists, which through an interactive educational methodology, aims to boost the interest in art and creativity in visitors.
About Vina del Mar
Spend time on the numerous beaches found along the coast. They are quite pretty but not very friendly for swimming.
There are some casinos in some of the hotels and other buildings around Viña del Mar.
The Festival de la Cancion is held on the third week of February. Good international artists are invited and a great atmosphere during the shows. The festival is held on the grounds of La Quinta Vergara a couple of blocks away from the the city centre.
The local football team Everton de Viña play their home matches in Estadio Sausalito. The fans are really passionate about their team and less problems are reported from Evertons matches than from the bigger clubs of Colo-Colo and Universidad de Chile. A ticket can cost 3.500 pesos or more if bigger teams will play.
A very popular treat in Viña del Mar is the alfajor, a typical argentinean/uruguayan type of cookie that has also popularized in the village. They can be purchased in several small pastry shops around the downtown area. Usually, alfajores are filled with manjar, fruit, or other sweets and then covered in chocolate. They are a delight for the visitor. Boxes with large quantities make memorable souvenirs, if they make it home.
An excellent seafood restaurant, located in Camino Costero, is "La Gatita" ("The Kitten"). It specialises in such typical dishes as Machas a la parmesana y Reineta (Clams with fried Reineta - a local fish).
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Vina del Mar on Wikivoyage.