Campos do Jordao
22 hotels in this place
Campos do Jordão is a municipality in the state of São Paulo in Brazil. It is located in Serra da Mantiqueira at an altitude of 1628 meters, making it the highest Brazilian city, considering the altitude of the seat. Its estimated population in 2004 was 47,903 inhabitants. The city is sometimes erroneously called Campos de Jordão.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Campos do Jordao
- Alberto Löfgren State Park (Parque Estadual Alberto Löfgren), Rua do Horto 931, ☎ 11 2997-5000. 8AM-7PM. Created in 1941 as "Horto Florestal", the newly renamed park has 8.3 hectares of protected area with a vegetation of conifers and Araucaria. It is a great option for those who want to spend the day doing something different from the traditional attractions of Capivari. Have barbecues, lakes, forests, fisheries, field of gymnastics, plant nurseries, showers, chapel, biking, restaurant, crafts shop and many trails. Its mountainous reaches 2,007 meters of altitude. The view is further overview of the high tower of 12 meters of wood. R$3, parking R$4.
- Boa Vista Palace (Palácio Alto da Boa Vista), Rua Adhemar de Barros 3100 - Vila Alto da Boa Vista, ☎ 12 3662-1122. Wed-Sun 10AM-5PM. In an area almost three thousand square meters divided into 35 environments, the Boa Vista Palace was inaugurated in 1964 by the then Governor of the State of São Paulo, Adhemar de Barros, with purpose to serve the winter residence of the Governor. It is a wonder, housing some three thousand pieces of furniture, porcelains, religious pieces, silver and paintings. The palace remained unchanged its interior decoration for three decades and in 1996 received 40 professionals who worked in its decor.It is prohibited to enter with photographic cameras and camcorders. R$5.
- Crioulos Cave (Gruta dos Crioulos), Estrada da Campista.
- Imbiri Peak (Pico do Imbiri). Offers a nice view of the city. Most of the trail is unpaved, so access is limited when it rains.
- Itapeva Peak (Pico do Itapeva). On clear days, you can see cities of the Paraíba Valley.
- Silent Woods (Bosque do Silêncio). 100,000 square meter park with a preserved landscape of araucária trees, trails for casual strolls, and a large and varied arborismo circuit.
- São João Monastery (Mosteiro de São João), Av. Dr. Ademar de Barros 330 - Abernéssia, ☎ 12 262-4277.
About Campos do Jordao
It is the municipality with the highest administrative headquarters of the country, reaching 1,628 meters at the city, where the city is located in the city, and can vary for more than 2 thousand meters on the outskirts of the city. Mass is located in the Serra da Mantiqueira, one of the highest mountain ranges of Brazil.
It has an area of 289.5 km ². It is constantly visited by tourists from all over Brazil and even from abroad, who visit the town to enjoy the climate of winter and German architecture.
Its climate is tropical of altitude (Cwb), with mild summers and cool winters. Occurrences of snow were recorded in 1928,1942 and 2004 being the last time that snow was recorded in the city. Frosts are common during winter and absolute minimum temperature was -7.3 ° C in June 1, 1979. . Its temperate climate favors the creation of hydrangeas, specifically the kind of Hydrangea macrophylla.
There are numerous outdoor activities for winter residents and tourists. These include hiking, mountain climbing, treetop cable swings (arborismo), horseback riding, ATV riding, and motorbike riding. The mountain ranges provide unique panoramic views and much of the area is still undeveloped. Also, in order to cater to the large number of visitors, several bars, lounges, discos and clubs will open up during the winter months.
- Streetcar (Bondinho). Urban floor streetcar is back in the past. The walk is very pleasant and gives a complete overview of the structure of Campos do Jordao. The round trip lasts approximately 40 minutes, starting from the station of Vila Capivari (built in alpine style), through the villages and Jaguaribe Abernéssia, going to the Parade St. Kitts, across the city. In the coldest days, you should take a coat because the wind can be sharp.
- Cable Car (Teleférico). One of the favorite attractions for children is the cable that runs between Capivari and the top of Morro do Elefante. The number of 100 seats are individual, keeping a distance of 10 m between them. The cable includes the transport of up to 600 people per hour. From the top of Morro do Elefante, to 1700 m altitude, the rider has a stunning panorama of the city, while it has a restaurant installed in Belvedere and horses for rent.
- Safari, R. Djalma Forjaz 139, ☎ (12)3663 4936. Pizza, pasta and crepes made in firewood oven, good selection of wines.
- Cervejaria Baden Baden, Av. Matheus Costa Pinto 1653 - Vila Santa Cruz, ☎ 0800 771 2344. Popular micro-brewery, always crowded.
- Capivari, ☎ 12 81123951. Main downtown, concentrating a variety of shops, restaurants, snack bars and mesh. Tourists from all happily moving through its streets, squares and malls, especially on weekends. The German architectural style dominates. The climate and environment that make people feel as if they were in Europe. One of the pleasures of Capivari is sitting in one of its outdoor cafes, have a drink and enjoy the beautiful landscape and the movement of people on the street. Near the mall are the Cable Car that leads to Morro do Elefante, a lake where children can ride a paddle boat, a small amusement parks, the urban station of the cable-car, horses and chariots for rent.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Campos do Jordão on Wikivoyage.