32 hotels in this place
Florianopolis is the capital of the Brazilian state of Santa Catarina. Half of the city is on the mainland of Brazil while the other half is on the Santa Catarina Island. It has some of Brazil's most beautiful beaches.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Florianopolis
- Cruz e Sousa Palace - Located near Praça XV de Novembro. It was built in the XVIII century to be the residence and office of Santa Catarina's Governor. Later, it was rededicated in honor of the symbolist poet Cruz e Sousa.
- Catedral Metropolitana - One of the most beautiful buildings in the city, located at Praça XV de Novembro.
- Municipal Market - Formerly used as the city market place, this market on Largo da Alfândega still holds some interesting sights.
- Hercílio Luz Bridge - The postcard symbol of the city, inaugurated in 1926 linking the island to the mainland.
- Lagoa da Conceição - A large beautiful lake in the center of the island.
- Ribeirão da Ilha - 36 kilometers from the center, this old district of Florianopolis is a testament to Azorean immigration. Its historic center, in Frequesia, has a plaza which contains the Igreja Nossa Senhora da Lapa do Ribeirão (church), and the Ethnological Museam which houses documents and relics from the region's history.
- Anhatomirim Island and its Fortaleza de Santa Cruz
- Teatro Álvaro de Carvalho, rua Marechal Guilherme, 26 (near the Catedral Metropolitana), ☎ +55 48 3028-8070/3028-8071. In the center of the city, the Municipal Theater is an example of 1870's local architecture.
- Teatro Ademir Rosa (Teatro do CIC), Av. Irineu Bornhausen, 5600, ☎ +55 48 3953-2300.
- Velha Figueira - This 100+ year-old tree in Praça XV de Novembro is honored in the official municipal hymn of Florianopolis.
- Forts - Constructed as early as 1739, the forts served to protect the city from possible Spanish attacks.
- Fortaleza de Nossa Senhora da Conceição (1742)
- Fortaleza de Santo Antônio (1740)
- Fortaleza Santana (1761)
- Fortaleza São José da Ponta Grossa (1740)
- Santo Antônio de Lisboa. Quite nice little town, located on the calm west coast of the island. Multiple restaurants are located directly at the waterfront. Also it is nice walk along the water heading toards Sambaqui.
There are a total of 42 beaches in Florianopolis. The best known are:
- Cachoeira do Bom Jesus
- Praia Brava
- Jurerê (and Jurerê Internacional)
- Praia dos Ingleses
- Pontas das Canas
- Praia Mole
- Galheta (nudist beach)
- Barra da Lagoa
- Praia do Moçambique
- Praia Brava
- Pântano do Sul
Florianopolis is situated on an island of 43650 km² (54 km by 18 km) in the Atlantic Ocean, and a small peninsula of 1210 km² on the mainland of southern Brazil between latitude 27° 20' and 27° 51' south and between longitude 48° 20' and 48° 35' west. Three bridges link the island to the continent, but presently (when?) the Hercílio Luz Bridge, a landmark of the city, is closed for repairs. It is possible it will open in the future for pedestrians and cyclists.
Recently, Florianopolis has become a popular destination in Brazil for people who are looking for superb beaches, beautiful scenery, interesting culture and friendly people. It has also experienced a real estate boom, with Brazilians looking for a better quality of life away from the chaos of the big cities, especially from the states of São Paulo and Rio Grande do Sul. The City proper currently has an estimated population of 420,000 people. The Greater Florianopolis Metro area is home to about 1 million people.
The northern beach resorts Jurerê, Daniela, Canasvieiras, Brava and Ingleses get very busy during the summer and there are plenty of hotels, restaurants and other conveniences for the tourist. Eastern beaches, like Joaquina, Mole and Moçambique are among the best surfing beaches and popular with young people. Beaches heading south include Campeche, Armação and Morro das Pedras, which are all very beautiful and also good for surfing. Isolated and unspoilt beaches, like Lagoinha do Leste and Naufragados, can be found at the southern end of the island and can only be reached only by trail. Lagoa da Conceição is a famous natural attraction, and the centerpiece of the island; it is relatively shallow, with high winds making it a world-class location for windsurfing. Peri Lagoon is quieter, on the other hand, and great for nature walks.
The city of Florianopolis is quite modern, with large shopping malls, chain and high-end restaurants and many bars and nightclubs. The highway system serving the city is very good.
- Paragliding at Barra da Lagoa, Lagoa da Conceição
- Scuba-Diving at Praia Mole, Praia do Santinho, Praia dos Ingleses
- Sandboarding at Joaquina
- Surfing at Barra da Lagoa, Praia da Joaquina, and Praia Mole
- Windsurfing at Lagoa da Conceição
- Trekking at Lagoa do Peri, Naufragados, Lagoinha do Leste, Costa da Lagoa
One of the best bars and nightclubs in Brazil is Confraria das Artes in Lagoa De Conceicao. It attracts the jet set crowd from all over the world.
- Seafood - This coastal city is known widely for its fresh seafood.
- Portuguese Food - The city had been colonized by the "cultura açoriana". Their food is delicious.
- Italian Food - Macarronada Italiana is the main spot. Great. But there are many other good choices as well.
- Downtown- There are great "per kilo" buffets with amazing food, salads, and fruit. You can get a full meal with a fresh juice for under R$6. It's good for the budget traveler and to get a sense of where many locals get a quick bite.
- Hong Ju - Restaurant Vegetariano, Rua Deputado Antonio Edu Vieira 750 - 784, ☎ 3234 8172. 11:30 - 14:30. good inexpensive vegetarian all you can eat lunch menue. Place is crowded, but you willfind a table. R$ 8,00.
- Bar do Arante, ☎ +55 48 3237-7022. Praia do Pântano, in the south of the island. Interesting restaurant where the custom is for customers to hang slips of paper on the wall to mark their passage. The custom comes from pre-electricity days when people would use the slips to let friends know what part of the beach to find them in. Specializing in seafood at moderate prices. Try the Tainha Grelhada.
- Mein Haus Churrascaria, Rua Papa Joao XXII, 25, ☎ +55 48 3241-4739. Campinas - São José. It is further across the bridge but worth the effort. The restaurant offers a nice cheap a la carte barbecue with free garlic bread and salad .
- Pier 54, Av. Beira mar Norte, (under the Hercílio Luz bridge) - Centro, tel. +55 48 3225-3138 / +55 48 3225-2419. This restaurant serves local cuisine from 7 PM. Pier 54's cellar contains over 250 labels of different wines and champagnes. The restaurant offers a wide range of healthy dishes, made from ingredients local to the region.
- Toca da Garoupa, Rua Alves Brito, 178, ☎ +55 48 3223-1220. Centro. This restaurant offers its guests the regional cuisine of Floianopolis. While the seafood menu may be exceptional, the restaurant's decor and history are sure to please customers as well.
- Bistrô Isadora Duncan, Rodovia Jornalista Manuel de Menezes, 2658 - Barra da Lagoa, tel. +55 48 3232-7210, 9980-4428, . Named after a famous ballerina, this bistro is a great romantic spot for two. It only has 5 tables and some veranda space. The bistro offers a wide variety of cuisine, ranging from leafy green salads to filet mignon. Alcohol is also served on this cozy, beach front bistro.
- Ponta das Caranhas, ☎ +55 48 3232-3076. Estrada da Barra da Lagoa, 2377 - Barra da Lagoa. Restaurant in the margins of Lagoa da Conceição offering traditional dishes. Try the "Congrio Chileno à Moda do Chef".
Most of the nightlife is concentrated around the beaches in the summer. During the winter, the night life is concentrated in Lagoa da Conceição, where most of the bars and clubs are located.
- Party Bus Brasil. A big yellow bus which take tourists to the best bars and clubs. Have a bar at one end and a DJ booth at the other complete with flashing lights and disco balls.
- Cachaçaria da Ilha, Avenida Osmar Cunha, 164, ☎ +55 48 3224 0051. Centro. Customary meeting spot for tourists and local surfers. A pleasant spot for a drink with friends.
- Concorde Danceteria, Av. Rio Branco, 729. Centro. Nightclub with two floors, 3 bars, a rotating dance floor, and a room with free internet access. Caters to the gay community.
- Confraria das Artes. Lagoa da Conceição.
- El Divino. Local chain of bars and nightclubs.
- El Divino Lounge, Rua Almirante Lamego, 1147, ☎ +55 48 3225-1266. Centro.
- Pacha, ☎ +55 48 3282-2054. SC 402 - Rod. Maurício Sirotsky Sobrinho, Km 1 - Jurerê Internacional.
- El Divino Beach, ☎ +55 48 3282-1816. Avenida dos Pampos Lote 1E S/N. Open year-round on the boardwalk of Jurerê Internacional.
- Empório do Chopp, ☎ +55 48 3232-8888. Rod. Admar Gonzaga, 3320 - Itacorubi. Heading towards Lagoa da Conceição from downtown, this drafthouse sits at the foot of the hill on the right. Four types of Eisenbahn draft.
- Floribar Café Lounge, ☎ +55 48 3322-2550. Rua Durval Melchíades de Souza, 638. Primarily gay and lesbian bar, good service.
- Ilha do Cascaes, in front of the Costão do Santinho Resort - Santinho, tel. +55 48 3261-1555 e +55 48 3224-1392, .
- John Bull Pub, Av. das Rendeiras, 1046, ☎ +55 48 3232-8535. Lagoa da Conceição.
- Latitude 27. Morro da Praia Mole - Praia Mole. Live band venue frequented by university students.
- Mix Café, Rua Menino Deus, 47, ☎ +55 48 3324-0102. 2-story night club with a bar downstairs and a dance floor, stage, dark-room, and bar upstair. On Fridays they hold a drag queen event.
- Scuna Bar, ☎ +55 48 3225-3138. Avenida Beira Mar Norte, under Hercílio Luz bridge. Night club with 2 levels, 3 bars, dance floor, live music, and dedicated parking. Popular with the over-35 crowd.
- Sins Pub, Rua Tiradentes, 143. A nice gay/lesbian bar downtown, free entrance.
- Circuit, Rua Henrique Veras do Nascimento, 110 (Lagoa do Conceicao), ☎ (+55 48) 3232 4655. The best electronic music club on the island complete with a superior sound system and advanced LED light technology.
- The Week International Florianópolis, Hotel Praia Mole Eco Village - Rodovia Manoel de Menezes, 2001 - Lagoa - Florianópolis-SC. Primarily a gay club, The Week became famous for its great techno music and service at São Paulo's night.Florianópolis hosts the third club of the brand (first in São Paulo and second in Rio de Janeiro). With one of the best techno music scenes in Brazil, don't feel shy to show up if you're not LGBT - the place has a very nice environment and people are very friendly. Opened during summer only.
- Box 32, Publlic Market. Fresh seafood served at the city's fishmarket.Excellent service.
Go on saturday morning.
- Shopping Beiramar, ☎ +55 48 3223-6425. Rua Bocaiúva (Centro, parallel with Av. Rubens de Arruda Ramos, better known as Av. Beiramar Norte), . Around 200 shops.
- Shopping Itaguaçu, Rua Geroncio Thives, 1079, ☎ 0800 480055. Barreiros. The oldest shopping mall in the state, opened in 1982. In neighboring São José, within ten minutes of the city center. It currently has 180 shops and 7 movie screens.
- Floripa Shopping, ☎ +55 48 3331-1000. SC 401. New shopping center with 160 shops and 8 movie screens.
- Iguatemi Florianópolis, ☎ +55 48 3231 4900. Av. Beiramar, at the corner with Av. Madre Benvenuta, - Bairro Santa Mônica, . 200 shops and 7 movie screens. In fact, this cinema has one of the largest screens in Brazil. All are modern and stadium seating style.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Florianopolis on Wikivoyage.