25 hotels in this place
Balneário Camboriú is a resort city in the state of Santa Catarina.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Balneario Camboriu
- Praia dos Amores - Here the Atlantic forest shelters many species of fauna and flora native to Santa Catarina. It is possible to observe birds, animals and plants. The Atlantic Ocean bathes the well-kept rural beach where the regional fisherman culture is maintained and where locals and tourists alike come to surf. The Azorean heritage here is evident in the construction of the fishermens' huts.
- Cristo Luz, Rua Indonésia, 880 - Bairro das Nações. 10AM to 01AM. In similar fashion to Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro, Light Christ (Cristo Luz in Portuguese) is located over one of the highest points of the city at 150 m. The statue itself is 33 meters high, 22m wide and weights 528 tons. The main feature of this attraction is that it is illuminated alternatively during the night with 7 different colors (each one with a meaning) and it holds on his left shoulder a broad-brimmed hat, which irradiates a beam that illuminates the city. You will get charged depending whether you arrive during daytime (8 Reais) or after the sunset (16 Reais). Its complex contains a restaurant, a photo gallery and some shows. There are free shuttles that make the way up the hill. From R$6.
About Balneario Camboriu
The Tupí–Guaraní Indians were the first ones to enjoy this land. The historical story registers that, in 1826, the Portuguese farmer Baltazar Pinto Correa received, from the government of the Province of Santa Catarina, this area to be populated. He had come from the colony of Porto Bello, searching fertile lands. He and his family had fixed residence in the left edge of the River, currently known as neighborhood of Barra, which is still nowadays conserving the Azorian traditions. In 1849 the village got an upgrade, the construction of the Church of Nossa Senhora do Bom Sucesso, made by slaves, in mortar of rude rocks and whale oil. The temple is known by Church of Santo Amaro. The Village, at the same time was the beginning of the cities of Camboriú and Balneário Camboriú, belonging to Itajaí, and to these two cities, before it became a forgotten neighborhood, after some politician pressures that transformed Camboriú, at that time in 1884, known as Vila dos Garcias, into the new headquarters of the town.
- Downhill at Laranjeiras
- Kart at Balneario Camburiú
- Many sports at Parque Unipraias
- Sapore Speciale, Av. Brasil, 2680, ☎ (47)3361 6671. Italian restaurant chain. Three other units nearby. Visa, Matercard and Amex accepted.
- Mangiare Felice, Av. Atlântica, 570, ☎ (47) 3360 1943. Pizzeria chain.
- O Pharol, Av. Atlântica, nº 5740 Barra- Sul, ☎ (047) 33673800. Very good seafood buffet, free WiFi and indoors playground.
- Casa Hall Shopping, Avenida do Estado, 4770 (in front of the Rótula das Bandeiras), ☎ 47 3264-8054. M-Sa 8AM-9PM, Su 1PM-7PM.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Balneário Camboriú on Wikivoyage.