53 hotels in this place
Armação dos Búzios is a coastal city in the Brazilian state of Rio de Janeiro.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Buzios
- Beaches - Geribá, Azeda, Azedinha, João Fernandes, Forninho, etc.
- Rua das Pedras - restaurants, shopping and nightlife
When to go
High Season is from November till March and June to July (local schools holidays. Low season is from March till May and August till October. May and April can be a very good months to go because is dry and quieter for families looking for relaxing times. December is the busiest month and it is great for parties, although you may face some lack of basics (water and food supplies) and prices rise substantially. Avoid going in March because it can be quite wet.
- Boat trips through the beaches. A three hour schooner trip goes round the beaches and out to an island. Fresh fruit is served, and it often stops for an optional swim in the ocean near the beach, and then stops at the beach itself. More than one company provides such tours, and they are easy to find. Just go out on the long dock from downtown and people will be there promoting the next trip with flyers, or go into any of the local travel agencies. It cost 40 Real in January 2013.
- Scuba diving - There are two excellent and certified scuba diving instruction schools, which both do daily trips for beginners and experienced divers. They are located across the street from each other on the main street by the beach downtown.
- Surf Lessons at Geriba beach. There are about 10 surf schools that teach all ages, as well as one girls' surf school, "Surfer Girls".
- Annual Jazz Festival - Goes for 4 days around 22 July every year. About 6 of the nightclubs and the pagado have live jazz music throughout the night. Most of them are free throughout the festival (a few require reservations).
Búzios is notorious for its sophisticated and therefore expensive restaurants. The new big thing in Búzios is pay-by-the-kilo restaurants; the original was a place called Boom and now there are about 20 of them. Boom's the good one.
- David's, Rua Manoel Turíbio, 260 – Centro (on the main beach street downtown), ☎ 22 2623-2981. One of the best casual seafood restaurant's.
- Boom, Rua Manoel Turíbio de Farias, 110, ☎ 22 2623-6254. 12pm-11:30pm daily.
Nightlife is huge in Búzios. One of the best nightclubs in town is Privilege. 
Buzios has a particular timing for going out. As a beach destination, most tourists stay on the beach till after the sunset, which during summer can mean after 8PM. Because of that bars and restaurants stay pretty much empty until something like 10PM and clubs normally only open after 12AM and goes on till the sunrise.
If you are in Buzios you must make sure you visit Takatakata, a bar on the main Rua das Pedras run by a crazy Dutch guy called Kaiser. He only lets about five people into the bar at any one time but it's definitely worth a visit - make sure you try the Takafire cocktail!
Alfredo's Arabic bikini shop on the beach side of the main street downtown is an excellent store for homemade bikinis. Many shops are locally owned, and a chat with the owners can reveal a lot of great connections and recommendations around town.
There is many casual fashion stores in the area. One thing to be aware of is that pants are usually sold by waist size and not by length. You are expected to have them altered to your size, and the store may very well not provide that service. If you do not know the language, it may be difficult to get it done. Suggestion: do not buy the pants until you have secured the service.
Across the street is an internet café that will let you hook up your notebook for hourly fees (around BRL$6/hour), or use their computers.
The good thing is must of shops still open till midnight.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Armação dos Búzios on Wikivoyage.