Juazeiro do Norte
2 hotels in this place
Juazeiro do Norte is a city in Ceará, Brazil, one of the largest pilegrimage sites of South America. It forms a larger urban area, dubbed CraJuBa, with neighbouring Crato and Barbalha adding up some 400,000 people. Another 100,000 from smaller towns join in on Cariri.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Juazeiro do Norte
Most of the sights revolve around the religious character Padre Cicero:
- On Horto, a hill some 7 km nortwest of the centre, stands the statue of Padre Cicero, together with other dedications. Take bus Horto from Praça Padre Cicero, every hour on the hour.
- Memorial Padre Cicero. 8 AM - 5 PM. Mostly pictures explaining life and work. Free.
About Juazeiro do Norte
- The last few days of October has 500 000 people coming to town, in a religious festival known as the Romaria.
- Lanconete Vitória, Avenida Padre Cicero 438 (Half a block from the square). Late afternoon and evening. Burgers R$ 2-5, juices R$ 2-3.
A few simple, open-air spots at Praça Padre Cicero.
- Barzinho do Zé, Rua Padre Cicero 498 (One block up from the square). Lunch till late. A notch more sophisticated than its neighbours. Often live music. Set lunch at R$ 4,50. Large beer R$ 3.
There must be hundreds of tiny shops loaded with religious trinkets. Why not buy a two-inch Padre Cicero?
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Juazeiro do Norte on Wikivoyage.