Colonia Carlos Pellegrini
0 hotels in this place
Colonia Carlos Pellegrini is the biggest village in the Esteros del Ibera in Corrientes with about 500 permanent inhabitants. There are some hotels, hostels, restaurants and other basic tourist infrastructure. Apart from that it is very rural.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Colonia Carlos Pellegrini
Wildlife at its purest; such as marsh deer, caimans, capybaras, giant otters, anacondas, howler monkeys, armadillos, .... and of course the most important of all: 350 species of birds, many of them endemic or in danger of extinction.
Ibera Wetlands is a nature reserve 1000 km north of Buenos Aires. Swamp area of 13'000 square kilometres. With the richest fauna of all the country: Caimans, capybaras, swamp deer, howler monkeys, anacondas, manded wolves, armadillos, greater rhea, etc. etc. All of them at sight for the visitors when doing excursions by boat on foot/horse back. A true paradise for nature lovers, birders, eco tourists and travellers looking for relax or the ultimate gaucho experience.
Popular events in Colonia Carlos Pellegrini in the near future
About Colonia Carlos Pellegrini
- Caminata. 2 hours. A walk along a predefined path with a guide to see wildlife (mainly birds). 20 Pesos.
- Walking. Even if you are short of your own means of transportation, the walk along the road from Carlo Pellegrini to the Natural Park Head Offices across the bridge over the Ibera' is really easy and enjoyable, especially at sunset. Once there, you can take the marked walk inside the small pocket of trees where a colony of howler monkeys lingers. They tend to show if you are silent enough. It is a small walk, but you will get fascinated by everything is around you. Totally free and one of the things you will remember!
- Boat trip, ☎ 00540377315407314. 2-3 hours. Best way to see & take pics of local wildlife! Many caimans (2 species: Caiman yacare & broaded snouted Caiman), Capivaras, Marsh Deers and hundreds of birds (herons, ducks, jacanas, cormorans, flycatchers, blackbirds and more).
There 2 places to go: Aº Corriente (SWest) and Aº Miriñay (SEast), both very interesting. It is better starting early in the morning, or in the evening; when animals are more active. U$S 40.
- Kayaking. as long as you want. Renting a kayak at the camping (U$S 15 per hour). Maximum passagers per kayak: 3.
Remember that at 7 pm the park closes, so you have to have returned 10 minutes before
- Horse Riding, ☎ 00540377315407314. 2 hs. Ride on horse through palm tree forest and swamps. Nice experience for rookies and experts riders U$S 25.
There are a few restaurants
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Colonia Carlos Pellegrini on Wikivoyage.