0 hotels in this place
For places with the same name, please see La Plata (disambiguation). La Plata is the capital city of Buenos Aires Province, the main state of Argentina. It is placed on the "pampa húmeda" (wet pampas), 56 kilometres south-east of Buenos Aires city, at 34º 55' south latitude and 57º 17' west longitude.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in La Plata
The Natural History Museum is the highlight of the city - contains numerous (some huge) dinosaur skeletons, a detailed exploration of the numerous pre-Columbian cultures in south America, and other world class exhibits. The museum isn't quite up there with its cousins in New York or London - but it is not far off. A$9. Located in the green parks north of the city centre.
The Museo Municipal de Bellas Artes has recently reopened after its recent refurbishment. Small exhibition space displaying temporary contemporary art exhibitions. Ave 51 near Plaza San Martin. Free.
- Parks & Squares (Paseos Al Aire Libre)
- Churches (Visitas a Iglesias)
- Museums (Visitas a Museos)
- Public Buildings (Visitas a Edificios Públicos)
- Another Touristic Attractions (Atractivos Turísticos)
About La Plata
It covers an area of 940.38 km2 and it's at 9,87 mts. above the sea level.
Its weather is mild, with an annual average temperature of 16.3C and an average rainfall of 1023 mm per year. The average humidity is of 77.6% and the predominant southeast winds blow during four months in the year.
La Plata was designed around a central axis marked by 51st and 53rd Avenues, the main artery of the city where the main buildings and landmarks are located: the Cathedral, City Hall, Moreno Plaza, the Teatro Argentino, the Provincial Legislature and Government around Plaza San Martin. Its urban design was worked on by Pedro Benoit and his prestigious team, who are among the most distinguished in the world. His basic design was a perfect square, cut in half diagonally and with plazas and parks scattered around the city, grand tree-lined boulevards and a forest right near the center of the city.
- Cinema (Cine)
- Theatre (Teatro)
- Shows (Espectáculos)
- Exhibitions (Exposiciones)
- Cultural Centers (Centros Culturales)
- Concerts. La Plata´s well known reputation of Indie-Rock Bands Creator can be seen in some of the very few pubs that this city has. On the weekends local bands gather in pubs to play (often for free). Most pubs life starts at 2am. Some of La Plata´s rock bands that are now well known in the rest of Argentina started in these pubs
- Wilkenny. Irish Pub & Restaurant. Calle 11 y 50.
- Pura Vida, Calle 8 y 61. Has an alternative and Indie atmosphere where locals, musicians and artist hang out at night. Some of the "new wave" Indie-Rock bands (e.g. 107 Faunos, Los Reyes del Falsete) play for more than a convinient coverage. Concerts usually starts very late (2 a.m.) 
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article La Plata on Wikivoyage.