4 hotels in this place
Honiara is the capital of the Solomon Islands. It is on Guadalcanal.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Honiara
- Honiara contains a wealth of World War Two sites: most of the hills in the Honiara area were the sites of fierce battles during World War Two.
Popular events in Honiara in the near future
- Take a guided trek to one of the waterfalls nearby, such as the beautiful Matanikau Falls, about a two-hour walk from the starting point a short bus-ride from the city centre. Information on this and other walks can be found on the Exploring Solomons Wikispace.
- Check out a service at one of the many churches. South Seas Evangelical Church has an easily-found location next to the central markets and beautiful singing. Its main Sunday service is at 9:30am. There is also a smaller evening service there most Sundays at 5pm.
- Beach it.
- Visit the museum. Located across from the Mendana Hotel.
- Wander through the bustling Central Market. It is a site to behold, in particular on Saturday mornings where you can pick up flowers and hand-made jewelery and crafts.
- And dive, explore, make plans or see the rest of the country...
There are many craft/souvenir shops located along the coastal strip. Handicrafts such as wooden carvings are also often sold in the covered area of Panatina Plaza carpark, and outside the entrance to the Rain Tree Cafe.
Additionally, the central market is a great place to by local handicrafts, jewellery and lavalavas (sarongs). The latter come in a range of fabrics and brightly-coloured dip-dyed designs.
There are a number of shops selling secondhand clothing, which can be found easily along the main street and elsewhere.
Handmade kids' clothing such as skirts can be found at the Central Market.
A helpful guide to shopping in the Solomons can be found here: Solomon Island Newbie Guide: SHOPPING (What to buy part one) Includes some great gift ideas.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Honiara on Wikivoyage.