21 hotels in this place
Blenheim is the largest town in the Marlborough wine growing region in the northeast of the South Island of New Zealand. Blenheim is always in the hunt for the title of New Zealand's sunniest town. It has a population of around 27,000. It is situated on the Taylor and Opawa rivers.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Blenheim
- Marlborough Information Center, Blenheim Railway Station, SH1, ☎ +64 3 577 8080, fax: 03 577 8079, e-mail: email@example.com.
- Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre, Aerodrome Rd (5 km from town, route sign-posted off SH6), ☎ +64 3 579 1305, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Daily 10AM-4PM. Collection of World War I planes lovingly restored and captured in realistic settings. Part of the attraction is the association of Peter Jackson (of Lord of the Rings fame) and weta workshop with the display. His team has turned what could be just a collection of planes into a drama which those with no interest in aviation or military history can enjoy. Worth it. $18.
- Marlborough Provincial Museum (Brayshaw Museum Park), Arthur Baker Pl (off New Renwick Rd), ☎ +64 3 578 1712, fax: 03 578 1739, e-mail: email@example.com. Daily 10AM-4PM (except Good Friday & 25 Dec). There is a huge amount of artifacts and many displays which relate to the local history. Also houses "Beavertown" a replica "early Blenheim" village. Visit the audiovisual theater which shows both local and international history-oriented films.
- Millennium Public Art Gallery, Seymour Sq, ☎ +64 3 579 2001, fax: 03 579 2162, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. M-F 10AM-5PM, Sa Su noon-4:30PM and some public holidays. Entry by gold coin ($1 or $2) donation. Children free.
- Catch the rugby at Landsdowne Park (one of the Tasman Makos stadiums), Landsdowne St, ☎ +64 3 578 4070, e-mail: email@example.com. $12-35.
- Pollard Park, off Parker St. Beautiful landscaping. Don't miss the roses and camellias.
- Seymour Sq, cnr High and Seymour Sts. See the formal gardens.
- Marlborough Travel.co.nz, Central Blenheim (Collections), ☎ +64 35779997. Offering a range of private transport options, wine tours, transfers for individuals, couples, and groups. The company owns and operates cars, vans, buses and coaches as well as launches in the Marlborough Sounds
- Walk in the Wither Hills. Blenheim is framed to the south by a farm park which is open to the public. A great spot for a view over the Wairau valley. Popular with runners and walkers of all fitness levels. Accessible from the end of Scott St, Redwood St and Maxwell Rd.
- Mountain bike the various river and road trails, including the Wither Hills Bike Park (Wither Hills Bike Park). .
- Wine Tours by Bike, 191 Bells Rd, ☎ +64 3 577 6954, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Enjoy the scenery and take a tranquil tour around the wineries by bike. There are around 30 wineries within a 10 km radius of Blenheim that can be explored by bike. Half Day Bike Rental $42, full day $58.
- Mud House Village, 193 Rapaura Rd, ☎ +64 3 572 7170, e-mail: ourdogRover@xtra.co.nz. Daily from 10AM. Offers wine and coffee tasting. Liqueurs, fruit brandies, infused olive oils etc for sale. Visit the Olive Shop and Quilters Barn (art and craft).
- Marlborough Aero Club, ☎ +64 3 578 5073. Daily. Go on a scenic flight or learn to fly
- Blenheim Golf Club, Parker St, ☎ +64 21 811 573, e-mail: email@example.com. 9 holes. Great little course close to town. $20 Green fees.
- Marlborough Golf Club (Fairhall), Paynters Rd, ☎ +64 3 578 7646, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 18 Holes.
- Rarangi Golf Club, Rarangi Beach Rd, ☎ +64 3 570 5709, e-mail: email@example.com. 18 Hole.
- Hedgerows Strawberry Farm, Cnr Old Renwick Rd and Rene St (Between Blenheim and Renwick), ☎ +64 3 578 52 68. Tu-Su 9AM-5PM. A fun destination for locals and tourists. Sales of fresh strawberries and strawberry products. Real fruit ice-cream and refreshments. Mini petanque court, picnic areas. Parking for camper vans, mini tour buses and bikes. free entry.
- ChiChi restaurant, 35 High St (beside the Farmer), ☎ +64 3-5775188. Daily 11:30PM-2PM, 5PM-9PM. Authentic Chinese & Thai food. From $18.
- Raupo Riverside Cafe, 2 Symons St, ☎ +64 3 577 8822, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Secret Garden, 30 Maxwell Rd (between Bin Inn and Endeavour Homes), ☎ +64 3 579 5025. Courtyard garden in a green oasis. Wild food pies a specialty but will cater for all tastes. Great range of beer and wine.
- Figaro's, 8 Scott St, ☎ +64 3 577 7277. Contemporary and stylish.
- Giorgio's, cnr High and Seymour Sts, ☎ +64 3 579 1458. Park views from upstairs windows.
- Maharaja India, 57 Seymour St, ☎ +64 3 579 4060. Small $11.49, Standard $17.49, Large $24.49
- Sagai Japanese Restaurant, 35a High St, ☎ +64 3 579 4404.
- Herzog Winery and Restaurant, 81 Jeffries Rd, ☎ +64 3 572 8770. Oct-May Tu-Su from 7PM. A 5 star experience. Multi-award winning dining.
- Hotel d’Urville, 52 Queen St, ☎ +64 3 577 9945. Fine dining in central Blenheim. Contemporary cuisine in a classic building.
Marlborough is one of the top wine growing areas in New Zealand. A free map  is available from visitor information centres.
Most of the tastings are free and the service is very friendly. A biking wine tour in Blenheim is a fantastic way to spend an afternoon. You can bring home a bottle from each in your rented bike's haversack. As not all vineyards offer tasting plates, so you can pack your own chocolate or cheese and nibble as we go. Be warned that most New Zealand wineries focus on white wines, with many of the wineries providing only one red variety plus a blush variety.
- Cloudy Bay, e-mail: email@example.com. Jacksons Rd, +64 3 520 9140, (, fax + 64 3 520 9040). Daily (except Good Friday and 25 Dec) 10AM-4:30PM for tastings and cellar door sales. Known for its Sauvignon Blanc and sparkling wines.
- Highfield Estate, Brookby Rd, ☎ +64 3 572 9244, fax: 03 572 9257, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Daily 10:30AM-5PM. The tower at the winery has a commanding view over the lower Wairau River. A great place to get your bearings.
- Hunters Wines, e-mail: email@example.com. Rapaura Rd, +64 3 572-8489, (, fax +64 3 572-8457, FreePhone 0800 486 837 (NZ only)), . Won over 80 gold medals including the Marquis de Goulaine Trophy for Best Sauvignon Blanc in the World at the 1992 International Wine & Spirit Competition. There is also a restaurant and a native garden.
- Montana (Brancott Winery), fax: +64 3 578 0463, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. RD4 Riverlands (State Hwy One), +64 3 578 2099, (. Numerous awards including gold at the London International Wine Challenge 2003. Number one selling NZ wine company. The multi-million dollar visitor facility has a restaurant, retail store and the Brancott Theater. Winery tours 10AM-3PM daily. Cellar door sales daily 9AM-5PM.
- Nautilus, 12 Rapaura Rd, ☎ +64 3 572 9364, fax: +64 3 572 9374, e-mail: email@example.com. (. Cellar door sales and tasting Summer 10AM-5PM. Winter 10:30AM-4:30PM. Known for its Cuvee NV.
- Seresin Estate, Bedford Rd (Travel west of Renwick on State Hwy 6 for a short distance, turn right (N) into Bedford Rd and then left (W) into the vineyard), ☎ +64 3 572 9408, fax: 03 572 9850, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. On a terrace with views over Condors Bend and the Richmond Ranges beyond, this organic vineyard produces premium quality wine and olive oil.
- Villa Maria, fax: +64 3 577 9585, e-mail: email@example.com. Corner of Paynters & New Renwick Roads, +64 3 577 9530, (. Daily 10AM-5PM; May-Oct 11AM-5PM. One of NZ's top award winning wineries. Complimentary wine tasting. Winery tours by appointment.
In recent years, Blenheim's drinking scene has diversified:
- The Cornerstone Restaurant & Bar, 70 Queen St, ☎ +64 3 577 7555. M-Sa 10AM-1AM, Su 10AM-midnight. All things to all people?
- Dolce Bar and Restaurant, 11 Market St (Upstairs in the Forum), ☎ +64 3 577 8238. Pizza restaurant by day. Live DJs by night some weekends
- Kokomo Beach Bar (formerly Goat's Don't Shave/Level 42), 4/76 Market St, ☎ +64 3 578 0941. The only night club. Still a cultural experience.
- Paddy Barry's Irish Bar, 51 Scott St, ☎ +64 3 578 7470. Every town has one. Quiz nights on Wednesdays.
- Marlborough Farmers Market, A&P Park, cnr Maxwell and Alabama Rds, ☎ +64 3 579 3599 or 03 575 7697, fax: 03 579 3598 or 03 575 7698, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Nov-May Su 9AM-noon. Boutique local growers, live music and $7 breakfasts cooked by local chefs. Quality coffee.
- Bookworld, 67 Market St, ☎ +64 3 578 4909. Independent retailer with good selection of novels, non-fiction titles and travel literature. Good selection of local books. Carries the Guardian Weekly and Die Spiegel.
- Perrys Book & Map Shop, 4 Arthur St, ☎ +64 3 578 3195. Another good option for books.
- Thomas's, 54 Market St, ☎ +64 3 578 6369, fax: 03 578 6367, e-mail: email@example.com. A department store, almost incongruous for a smaller town. Large selection of quality (and highly priced) men's, woman's and homewear.
- New World Supermarket, 1 Freswick St (From the post office walk west, past the police station, over the roundabout/railway tracks. On your right), ☎ +64 3 520 9030, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Daily 7AM-10PM. Notable for a selection of local wines priced right.
- Gillan Gallery, Grove Rd (Diagonally opposite the Blenheim Railway Station), ☎ +64 3 579 4604.
- Blenheim Rotary Car Boot Sale, Grove Road (Public carpark by railway station), ☎ +64 3 578 5735. Sa 8AM-noon. Cheap and cheerful
- Redwood Market, Redwood Tavern carpark, Cleghorn St, ☎ +64 3 578 9486. Sa 8AM-noon. Fruit, vegetables, flowers, plants, arts & crafts, Organised by the Rotary Club of Blenheim South
- Wines of Marlborough Tour (Will collect from accommodation), ☎ +64 3 577 9997. Select from half day and full day wine tours. Join a scheduled tour or take your very own private tour. Enjoy the very best of the Marlborough wine region.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Blenheim (New Zealand) on Wikivoyage.