29 hotels in this place
Palmerston North is in the lower North Island of New Zealand. It is situated in the Manawatu district.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Palmerston North
- Massey University.
- Universal College of Learning.
- Te Manawa, ☎ +64 6 355-5000, fax: +64 6 358-3552, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Address 396 Main Street. Open:10AM-5PM daily including weekends and public holidays (except Christmas Day). Combines a museum, art gallery and interactive science center, to create a fusion of life, art and mind. Free admission to Life and Art galleries. Mind galleries: $6 adult, $4 child, $15 family.
- New Zealand Rugby Museum, 87 Cuba St, ☎ +64 6 358 6947, fax: +64 6 358 6947, e-mail: email@example.com. (. Open M-Sa 10AM-4PM. Su 1.30PM-4PM. Tour and rugby groups by arrangement. Contains NZ's biggest and most comprehensive collection of rugby memorabilia and records. adults $5, children $2.
- City Library, ☎ +64 6 351 4100, fax: +64 6 351 4102, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 4 The Square. M,Tu,Th 10AM-6PM, W,F 10AM-8PM, Sa 10AM-4PM, Su 1PM-4PM. 'New' award-winning Central Library.
- Ruahine AFC (Palmerston North Youth Football), e-mail: email@example.com. Palmerston North's best youth football games.
About Palmerston North
Palmerston North has a population of approx. 75,000, is the seventh largest city in New Zealand and is the largest provincial city in the region. It's the home of the largest campuses of Massey University and the Universal College of Learning (UCOL) and also the International Pacific College (IPC), making Palmerston North a student oriented city currently home to around 18,000 students. It is also the home of the Linton Military Camp and has the RNZ Airforce Base, Ohakea, close by. The Adidas Institute of Rugby, based at Massey University focuses on improving the skills of the All Blacks the national rugby union team, though sightings of them there are rare.
Originally named Palmerston, the city was renamed Palmerston North in 1871 by the Post Office to distinguish it from the town of Palmerston in the South Island.
- Visitor Information Center, ☎ +64 6 350 1922, fax: +64 6 350 1929, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Is in The Square, .
- Centrepoint Theater, ☎ +64 6 354 5740, fax: +64 6 354-5743, e-mail: email@example.com. Pitt & Church St, (. Performances on Tu at 6.30PM, W-Sa 8.00PM, no performance M. Stages a wide variety of plays. Has a fully-licenced bar plus coffees and desserts.
- Regent on Broadway, 63 Broadway Ave, ☎ +64 6 350 2100, fax: +64 6 350 2108, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Stages many plays, stunningly refurbished.
- The Esplanade. Beautiful gardens (including a stunning rose garden), conservatory, walks, strolls along the Manawatu River, picnics, an aviary, playground for the kids, paddling pool, free electric BBQ's and a scenic railway. Victoria House, a historic building (the original Palmerston North's post office) is situated in the grounds. Open from dawn to dusk. The Education Centre and conservatory is open weekdays 10AM-4PM and weekends 12PM-4PM.
- Lido Aquatic Centre, ☎ +64 6 357 2684. Park Rd. (Alongside the Palmerston North Holiday Park and the Esplanade), (email@example.com), . Indoor facility open M-Th 6AM-8PM, F 6AM-9PM. Public holidays and weekends 8AM-8PM. Outdoor facilities open during the Summer months M-F 6AM-7PM Weekends and public holidays 8AM-8PM. Covers an area of 1.62 hectares with indoor and outdoor pools, spa pool, toddlers' pool, a diving tower and two hydroslides. Adults $2.50. Child $1.50.
- DIY Guided Bike Tours, bike while enjoying a fully supplied audio guide commentary
- Indoor paintball and go karts, Address 23 Bennett St. Paintball: ☎ +64 6 353 5092. Go karts: ☎ +64 6 353 5082. (firstname.lastname@example.org) Go kart (fax +64 6 353 5084), . Fun whatever the weather.
- Cinema Gold, e-mail: email@example.com. Boutique movie theatre. Downtown complex, ☎ +64 6 +64 6 353 1902 , .
- Manawatu Gorge walking track, Enjoy the beauty and diversity of the New Zealand bush, and views of the spectacular gorge along the way.
Palmerston North has more eating out places per head of population than anywhere else in NZ.
- Barista, 77 George St, ☎ +64 6 3572614. Innovative and interesting casual dining.
- Downtown Centre Foodcourt Wide selection.
- Eon Cafe, 737 Main St (In the Modena Building), ☎ +64 6 354 5124. 7-4PM. Sandwiches and other snacks.
- Kruo Thai, ☎ +64 6 355 1222. Square Edge Courtyard. Thai.
- Lone Star Restaurant, ☎ +64 6 355 1986. 36 The Square. Lovely food, good value, friendly staff.
- Monsoon Asian Kitchen, ☎ +64 6 359 2919. 200 The Square (opposite the Library). Asian. Small but tasty.
- Mao Bar, 76 George St, ☎ +64 6 3548410. Coffee and casual dining.
- Mr India Tandoori Restaurant, ☎ +64 6 354 5075. 79E George St. Pakistani
- Pompeii's, 355 Ferguson St, ☎ +64 6 359 0059. Italian. Go for the pizza.
- Restaurant De Coree, 94 Fitzherbert Avenue, ☎ +64 6 354 1444. Serves delicious Korean meals. Must try.
- The Stage Door Cafe, King St (Behind the Regent Theatre right next to the stage door), ☎ +64 6 359 2233. Coffee, great food, and retro furniture. Very popular with students from UCOL. Serves Organico coffee; an organic and fair trade blend.
- Subway, ☎ +64 6 357 6017. 69 The Square (below The Fisherman's Table).
- Thai House Restaurant, 88 Fitzherbert Ave, ☎ +64 6 357 0883. Good authentic food.
- Yatai Japanese Izakaya Restaurant, 316 Featherston St, ☎ +64 6 356 1316. Warm and welcoming. Great Japanese food and drink.
- Zumak Sushi Bar, 406 Main St, ☎ +64 6 353 5441. Japanese and Korean cuisine. $1 off all meals over $10 on Tuesdays.
- Rose and Crown Olde English Pub, 743 Main St, ☎ +64 6 355 3660.
- Bar Mode, 1 Coleman Place. Live Music Venue
- The Brewers Apprentice- Monteiths Bar, 334 Church St, ☎ +64 6 358 8888. Stylish and respectable.
- Breakers Cafe & Bar, 168-190 Rangitakei St.
☎ +64 6 952 7700.
- Check out the specialist boutiques along George Street.
- Try the malls at the Downtown Complex in Broadway Avenue (with its 8 cinema multiplex) and The Plaza.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Palmerston North on Wikivoyage.