38 hotels in this place
Nadi is on the western side of the island of Viti Levu, the main and largest island in Fiji.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Nadi
- Visit the Hindu Temple at the southern end of the main street of Nadi. It is the largest in the Pacific and is very colourful.
- Visit the Wailoaloa Beach, at a 1/2 mile long the beach located in the northern area of Nadi. There are multiple beach clubs and resorts located on this stretch.
- The Newtown Beach has public access as well, it is located about 10 minutes away from Nadi town by bus.
- Visit the Nadi Garden of the Sleeping Giant. Originally started to make a place for the private collection of tropical orchids of Canadian actor Raymond Burr, this garden now houses many beautiful plants and trails for walking. It is open Monday-Saturday, entrance fee is F$10.
Popular events in Nadi in the near future
Nadi is a transit point for other destinations in Fiji. It may not be such a great place to spend any time but you may find yourself here whilst awaiting ferries, boats to outer islands or planes to and from home.
If you do decide to stay in or around Nadi, make sure you are prepared to be approached by people trying to get you into their shop as you walk down the main street. These people aren't threatening, but you do need to watch your valuables.
You may also encounter an underlying air of racism between the Indian and native Fijian populations, but this rarely comes out in the open.
- Hop on a local bus (FJD$2) to Lautoka and visit a real Fijian city away from the tourist eye. The bus terminates at the local markets, where you can buy tonnes of fresh produce.
- From Thursday to Sunday, drop in to the Capricorn Hotel between Nadi airport and Nadi town at around 8pm. You can sit under the bungalow and listen to a wonderful group of Fijians playing traditional and modern songs on guitar, ukulele and keyboard. You may even be invited to try some of their kava drink (an experience in itself)! The Hotel also serves meals and there is a bar.
- Hop on a ferry at Denarau Port and visit the Mamanuca and Yasawa islands right off the coast.
- Visit the Nadi Town market, there are hand crafts, fruits, other produce, music, and much more!
- Nadina Restaurant, Lot 6 Khalil St, Nadi (opposite the Capricorn hotel), ☎ (679) 672 7313. Authentic Fijian cuisine: Fresh seafood, chicken and meat served with rice or Fijian vegetables. Outdoor dining and very friendly staff. Locals sit outside playing the guitar and singing Fijian songs as you dine. Meals around $FJ20-30. This has now moved to Denarau.
- The Bounty Restaurant & Bar. Located in the Martintar "strip" is a favorite spot for locals and tourists. It has an excellent atmosphere and a friendly environment with good food and a selection of local and imported beers and spirits. The Bounty is popular for its steak and seafood dishes, particularly lobsters.
- The Royale Thai Restaurant. Located beside The Bounty Restaurant in the same premises offers a fine dining experience in authentic Thai cuisine. This has closed.
- Tu's Place. Is a great local restaurant also in the Martintar area of Nadi. It's over the road from the Bounty and next to Ed's bar. The menu is varied with some Asian inspired dishes, European dishes, local dishes and definitely great fish and chips. If you like a good Thai curry, get one at Tu's place. Tu makes his own fresh curry pastes - it makes a big difference. Also try the lassi and smoothies.
- Amalfi Italian Restaurant, ☎ (679)6750200. Is a very nice and new restaurant in Port Denarau (very close to Nadi). At this elegant restaurant, Italians serve Italian food and wines. Prices medium-high.
- Continental Cakes & Pizza Tel: 670 3595 This bakery located on Queen Road in Nadi town has gotten great reviews from numerous places. There are many cakes, pastries, bread, pizzas and delicious flaky croissants. The bakery serves breakfast, sandwiches, and flat crust pizzas Monday-Saturday from 8am-6pm.
- Daikoku Restaurant, ☎ +679-6703622. P.O.Box 1900, Nadi Town Daikoku restaurant is a popular Teppan-Yaki steak house located on the corner of Queens Road and Northern Press Road in Nadi Town. Call the listed telephone number for a reservation! They are open for lunch and dinner from 12pm-1130pm Monday-Saturday.
- Hard Rock Cafe, ☎ 679-670-3131. Located in Port Denarau, this Hard Rock is the home to items from Bruce Springsteen, Aerosmith, Shakira, Seal, Jethro Tull and many others. Open daily from 10am-11pm.
- Saffron Tel: 670 1233 Located on Main St in Nadi Town. This Indian restaurant is said to have the best Indian food in all of Fiji, created by Chef Eugene Gomes.
Ed's Bar is a short walk from the Nadi Bay Hotel. Just head out to the main road and turn left (away from Nadi Town). You'll find pool tables, a small dance section and a beer garden. There is no cover if you are a traveller and no dress code either.
- The Bounty Restaurant & Bar. Is a popular watering hole for locals and travelers. Located in the heart of Nadi and just walking distance from Ed's Bar, Mercure hotel, Capricorn hotel, Lazy Cactus, and Ohana. You'll find a variety local and foreign beers, also draught beer. Live sports games (IRB 7s, SUPER 14, etc) are screened on the big screen. The Bounty has a great atmosphere and also offers karaoke for the daring.
- The currency is the in Nadi and all of Fiji is the Fijian dollar, the Fijian dollar is worth $1.84 for every American dollar
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Nadi on Wikivoyage.