43 hotels in this place
Noosa is one of the major draws of Queensland's Sunshine Coast. Low rise resorts, upmarket shopping and dining line the sheltered beaches, waterways and parks.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Noosa Heads
- Tewantin State Forest and Forest Reserve, Tewantin Forest Reserve, Tewantin, Noosa Heads QLD 4565, ☎ +61 -1300-130-372. A raiforest
- Noosa National Park.
There are some excellent organised tours originating in Noosa. Most tour operators will pick you up from your accommodation.
The stunning unspoiled scenery that surrounds Noosa provides opportunities for a number of wildlife and eco tours. Most eco tours usa a 4WD and provide a soft adventure that will give wonderful memories of your time in Noosa.
The hinterland behind Noosa has some wonderful villages and scenic spots. Most usually involve a trip to Montville and may continue south to the Glasshouse Mountains. Some of the tours combine the hinterland trip with visits to some of the main attractions that include the Ginger Factory at Yandina or the Big Pineapple. A popular one day tour is to the Australia Zoo which is offered as one tour or maybe in combination with a hinterland tour.
Cruise along Noosa River to the Everglades. Tours travel the full length of the Noosa River taking in Lakes Cooroibah and Cootharaba and the Everglades which are part of the Great Sandy National Park. The dark still waters of the upper Noosa River provide stunning mirrored reflections. Most tours involve a BBQ or tea break at Harry’s Hut. All tours are led by enthusiastic guides who will bring to life all the varied wildlife and birds that will be seen. The tour is best done as a day trip but can be done as a half day tour.
- Noosa Cruising Restaurant  If you like food, good company , and enjoy a cruise on the river you can do all these by having a breakfast , lunch, or a sunset dinner on-board. The food is cooked freshly on board.
About Noosa Heads
The name Noosa comes from the Aboriginal word for "shadow" or "sandy place".
The name Noosa is loosely applied to Noosa Heads, Noosa Junction, Noosaville and Noosa Sound.
- Noosa Heads is the resort area that contains Hastings Street and the main tourist area behind Hastings Street. The main beach fronts onto Hastings Street. At the end of Hastings Street are the Noosa Woods and Noosa Spit. At the eastern end of Hastings Street is the Noosa National Park.
- Noosaville is alongside the river, a bit quieter.
- Noosa Junction the business area.
There are some nice walks in the National Park at Noosa Heads. Pick up a trail map from the information center in the park. Probably the best is to start along the coastal path (keep your eyes peeled for Koalas) and then cut back along Tanglewood Track. This will take about 2 hours. The National Park has several beaches at which to take a dip, however Alexandra Bay is only for experienced swimmers as there can be dangerous rips. Alexandra Beach is unofficially clothing optional.
Fishing from Noosa is great year round, with seasonal changes in species, so there is always something to fish for. The Reef and Bait Grounds off Noosa are close, so travel time is at a minimum. Beach Fishing, and river fishing is fantastic too.
- Noosa's Laguna Charters  (07) 5449 7454. Sheraton Jetty Noosa Heads.
Noosa's Laguna Charters can cater from the complete Novice, to expert. Fully Catered (By the Sheraton Noosa Resort) 1/2, 3/4 and Full day fishing trips are available. Noosa's Laguna Charters are the people to see for all river, and offshore fishing from Noosa.
For more details see Scuba diving in Australia Scuba Diving in Laguna bay.
- Blue Water Dive  (07) 5447 1300
Many surf schools operate in the area
- Merrick's Learn to Surf  0418 787 577. Two hour lessons take place twice a day for $55. They get almost everyone standing up on the first lesson and are Noosa's only licensed surf school. Classes 9AM and 1.30PM daily. Private lessons available at 11.15AM for $140.
- WaveSense  Classes from 10 till 12 and 2 till 4 for $55
Noosa is one of the best Kite Surfing destinations in the world, as the prevailing wind directions are almost always favourable.
Australian Kitesurfing Academy - Martin Reeves IKO senior instructor and Codie Stephenson IKO level 2 conduct lessons 20mins north of Noosa at Lake Cootharaba. AKA has been training since 2001 on the Sunshine Coast and offers lessons where the student is in the water within 30mins of kite setup. Quality assured and fully insured. one2one student/instructor radio communication at all times. www.kitesurfingaustralia.com.au www.noosakitesurfing.com
- Noosa Kite Surfing Lessons  Mike Burrell from Noosa Kiteboarding conducts one on one Kite surfing lessons, catering to all levels of experience.
Hire a sail or motor boat along the Noosa River.
- U-Drive Boat Hire 256 Gympie Terrace, Noosaville 5449 9248
- Noosa Beach Sailing  Hire a catamaran to sail in Noosa's Laguna bay. Instruction available if necessary.
- Jasper, Hastings Street 42, ☎ +61 7 5474 9600. 7/7 from 7.30AM. Excellent fish on barbecue. Pleasant terrace.
- Berardo's Restaurant and Bar, Hastings Street 07 5447 5666
- Maisie's Seafood & Steakhouse Restaurant Noosa, 247 Gympie Terrace Noosaville QLD 4566, ☎ +61 7 5449 7497. Located on the waterfront of the Noosa River. 20 year track record of serving seafood and steaks. It's well overrated!
- Moondoggies in Noosaville is good for breakfast
- Cafe Le Monde on Hastings Street is good for breakfast
- Noosaville Fish Market, 90 Hilton Terrace, Tewantin, ☎ +61 7 54497127. Great Calamari!
Monday - closed Tuesday - closed Wednesday - 11am - 7.30pm Thursday - 11am - 7.30 pm Friday - 11am - 8pm Saturday - 11am - 8pm Sunday - 11am till 7.30pm Open Mondays during holiday season - 11am - 7.30pm
- Global Cafe, William Street, Noosaville. Noosa's best kept secret. Great value meals & relaxed atmosphere
Noosa's most famous shopping strip is Hastings Street, a veritable paradise for the shopaholic. Just be careful to spend within your limits, which is not always easy to do.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Noosa on Wikivoyage.