30 hotels in this place
Overland Park is a city in northeastern Kansas. Located within the Kansas City metropolitan area, it is a melting-pot of both urban and suburban living. With 173.000 residents, it is one of the most affluent cities in the U.S..
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Overland Park
- Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead, ☎ +1 913 897-2360. 13800 Switzer. The Deanna Rose Farmstead is basically a farm petting zoo for kids, which they get a large kick out of. There are ducks to feed, sheep to pet, playgrounds to climb on and hay rides to take. It's a great place to bring kids for a picnic or an outing.
- Overland Park Arboretum and Botanical Gardens, 8909 W. 179th St, ☎ +1 913 685-3604. Lots of trails both mulch and paved though the woods. Lovely wooden areas, gardens, and a large pond. You can even bring your dog, but it's only allowed on certain trails and you should clean up after it.
About Overland Park
Overland Park is the largest community in Johnson County, the economic engine that drives the Kansas City economy. The population is predominately white and well educated.
- Kansas City Curling Club, 12140 West 135th Street.
- Corporate Woods Jazz Festival.
- Farmers' Market, 7950 Marty St (between 79th and 80th Streets, under the Farmers Market Pavilion). Sa & W, closed winter. The downtown Overland Park Farmers' Market is a thriving open air market offering produce, flowers, specialty foods and entertainment for the entire family.
- Kansas International Film Festival (KIFF), Glenwood Arts Theatre, 9575 Metcalf Ave (on the east side of Metcalf South Shopping Center), ☎ +1 913-642-4404.
- Amor de Brazil Fiery Steakhouse, 11920 Metcalf Ave, ☎ +1 913 312 0543. (&119th). Brazilian Steakhouse which offers 15 cuts of high quality grilled meats. Salad bar with as many as 50 different items.
- Garozzo's Ristorante Mouthwatering spiedini and decadent tiramisu
- K.C. Masterpiece The first in the chain.
- Ruchi Indian Restaurant
- Fiorella's Jack Stack, 95th & Metcalf.
- Hikari Japanese Steakhouse
- BD's Mongolian BBQ
- J. Gilbert's Steakhouse
- Il Trullo
- Johnny Cascone's Good Italian style food. They often bring in jazz singers and bands to play in the middle of the restaurant.
- Dick Clark's American Bandstand
- J Alexander's
- Taco Via, 8615 W 95th St Overland Park, KS 66212 ((913) 649-3885). Mexican, Fast Food $.
- Wyandot Barbeque, 7215 W 75th St Overland Park, KS 66204, ☎ +1 913 341-0609. Barbecue $.
- Jack Stack Barbecue, 9520 Metcalf Ave Overland Park, KS 66212, ☎ +1 913 385-7427. Barbecue $$.
- The Peanut very smokey, but great hot chicken wings
There are two main shopping districts within Overland Park :
- Oak Park Mall - Located off 69 Hwy at 95th street. This mall has it all. With 1.6 million square ft of retail, it features : JC Penny's, Nordstom's, Macy's, Barnes & Noble, and Dillards and many many more smaller shops. It also features great play areas for kids.
- Town Center Plaza - This open air mall is great. It features many high end shops, and a 20 screen movie theater. A nice place to spend some time.
If you want to venture north to Kansas City there is also the famous Crowne Center and Country Club Plaza which are especially beautiful around Christmas time when they are lit up with thousands of Christmas lights.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Overland Park on Wikivoyage.