32 hotels in this place
Cedar Rapids is a city in Eastern Iowa. In 2000, it was the second largest city in Iowa by population and is home to approximately 140,000 residents. Largely known as an industrial, working class city, Cedar Rapids has recently begun to grow and expand employment opportunities in the service sector, attracting new residents to the area. While out of the way of most major travel routes and destinations, a stop in Cedar Rapids may uncover a great taste of the Midwest. Typical Iowa hospitality is not lost here. (less...) (more...)
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Cedar Rapids
- Cedar Rapids Downtown District.
- Cedar Rapids History Center.
- Cedar Rapids Museum of Art, 410 Third Ave SE, ☎ +1 319 366-7503. Features collection of works by Iowa natives Grant Wood and Marvin Cone, along with a collection of 21 Roman portrait busts.
- Cedar Rapids Science Station, 4444 1st Ave NE. Suite 410B (Lower Level of Lindale Mall), +1 319 363-7836 Science museum. Great for kids.
About Cedar Rapids
- Cedar Valley Nature Trail. Great paved trail for bicycling, running, etc. Winds around the Cedar River, beautiful farm fields and wooded areas.
- Indian Creek Nature Center. Stop in the barn museum to learn about Iowa's plants and wildlife, then check out any of their several miles of nature trails to see it in person!
- Orchestra Iowa.
- Theatre Cedar Rapids.
- Beef O'Brady's, 5240 Edgewood Rd NE, ☎ +1 319 294-4992. 11AM-11PM. A family type sports pub. Specializes in chicken wings (12 different sauces) and burgers. $6-$12.
- Brewed Awakenings, 1271 1st Ave SE, ☎ +1 319 363-4333. Coffee shop near Coe College that makes excellent espresso.
- The Flying Wienie, 103 8th Ave SW, ☎ +1 319 861-3036. The roof is adorned with a full sized, bright yellow bi-plane. Serves hot dogs and other greasy short order food, homemade Polish sausage and Gyros.
- The Irish Democrat, 1st Ave and 32nd St, ☎ +1 319 364-9896. 11AM-?. Irish pub and grill. $7-$15.
- The Starlite Room, 3300 1st Ave NE. Small town Iowa atmosphere with greasy food. Known for its half pound Superburger.
- The Vault (formally The Piano Lounge), 208 2nd Ave SE, ☎ +1 319_363-0606. Known for its large martini menu and music, dueling pianos every weekend, and also featuring comedy acts. Half-price martinis from 3-7pm everyday, and all day Tuesdays & Thursdays. Closed Sundays.
- R.G. Books, 3611 1st Ave NE, ☎ +1 319 363-7550. Small, cozy, intimate place with a variety of drinks. Books line the walls. Bartenders have unique personalities.
- Third Base Sports, 500 Blairs Ferry Rd NE, ☎ +1 319 378-9090. Great hand crafted ales, including five year round beers and three rotating seasonal tap handles. Diverse food menu, tons of TVs, party room, patio.
- Zins taste, 227 2nd Ave S.E, ☎ +1 319 363-9467. M-Th 11AM-10PM | F 11AM-12AM | Sa 5PM-12AM. Tapas - Anything from Sliders to seared scallops served as a tapas portion. $$.
- Lindale Mall, 4444 1st Ave SE, ☎ +1 319 378-1380. Lindale Mall is anchored by Sears, Von Maur, and Younkers, with numerous other chain stores and local retailers. Food court has not only chain restaurants, but Cedar Rapids based options as well.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Cedar Rapids on Wikivoyage.