16 hotels in this place
Coeur d'Alene is the largest city in Northern Idaho.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Coeur d'Alene
- Air Idaho Charters, Coeur d'Alene Airport, ☎ +1 208-304-0883. 24 hours. Air Idaho Charters provides on demand charter flights into and out of the Coeur d'alene Airport.
About Coeur d'Alene
A century ago Coeur d'Alene was at the epicenter of bitter mining and timber-forestry labor disputes which dominated the state's early history and politics. Fortunately for visitors, much of that blight is long gone. Today the city is known as a tourist haven for outdoor pursuits. Coeur d'Alene also features a renowned golf course with a free-floating island green, the only such hole in the world. Several other public and private golf courses abound. World class snow skiing is within a 90 minute drive of downtown Coeur d'Alene. Lake Coeur d'Alene offers boating and water-skiing as well as fishing for bass, trout, and salmon.
Often referred to by locals as simply "CDA," Coeur d'Alene is sometimes considered the easternmost edge of of the greater Spokane area, although the city is the anchor of a metro area in its own right. Like much of northern Idaho, Coeur d'Alene often relates more to eastern Washington than it does to southern Idaho and the capitol.
- Lake Coeur d'Alene Swim on one Coeur d'Alene's long public beach, or travel to other parts of the lake. There is also a parasaling business in CDA. The Lake also offers great watersports such as cycling, kayaking, skiing or wakeboarding. Visit LakeCoeurdAlene.com for more information on trips and adventures on Lake CDA.
- Silverwood Theme Park The park is located a short drive north of Coeur d'Alene. Awesome place for the kids - great rides for all ages. Or visit the adjacent Boulder Beach waterpark. You can easily spend 2 days here at the two parks.
- Wild Waters A small water park located off Interstate 90. There are several waterslides and a childs area as well.
- Red Horse Mountain Dude Ranch, 11077 East Blue Lake Road, ☎ +1 888-689-9680. Red Horse Mountain Ranch offers a western dude ranch experience from dining to a wide array of seasonal activities.
- Lake Coeur d'Alene Kayaking, 202 E Sherman Ave, ☎ +1 800-451-6034. ROW Adventure Center is the only outfitter who offers kayak trips on Lake Coeur d'Alene.
- Harrison Pontoons & Rentals JC Tritoon 246 pontoon boat rentals. These fully-loaded beauties offers comfort, luxury and, most of all, incredible performance. Fuel efficient 225+ HP 4-stroke outboards allow you to pull tubers and skiers with power to spare. Features: 16-person capacity, in-dash GPS, ski bar, swim platforms, iPod connectivity, bimini top. We also offer boat/waterfront home rental packages. Harrison Pontoons
One of the places to eat that is famous among the locals is Hudson's Hamburgers, which is on Sherman Avenue. Almost every local has been there, so it shouldn't be too hard to ask for directions. They only serve hamburgers, with or without cheese, onion, pickle, and pies, but their hamburgers are renowned for their best taste.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Coeur d'Alene on Wikivoyage.