32 hotels in this place
Kihei is a town located on Maui's South Shore. Overrun by developers in the seventies and eighties, it's now a jumble of hotels, condos, shops and houses. While lacking charm, Kihei makes amends in its functionality and location. The central location makes it easy to get to other parts of the island and Kihei is known to be one of the hottest places to stay on Maui (temperature-wise) because it doesn't get the breezes that other parts of the island get (perfect for that winter getaway).
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Kihei
- During the winter months, whales can be spotted from the shore.
Kihei does get breezes in the summer that can blow as hard as 25 mph every afternoon. This is usually during the months of April till September and early October. October is know as the season change and the temperatures will go to 80 and slightly over during the day. Don't let anyone tell you it doesn't get windy in Kihei. Without it it would be in the 100's during the summer.
- Get a massage
- Shayla Massage.
- Maui Massage.
- Go sailing, Kai Kanani Sailing Charters, 34 Wailea Gateway Pl Ste A105, ☎ +1 808 879-7218.
- Go snorkeling. There is some nice coral around Kamaole Beach Park III or take one of the snorkel cruises that depart from the Kihei Boat Ramp. You can rent or buy snorkel gear a local shops like Snorkel Bob's and Maui Dive Shop. For info on snorkeling south of Kehei visit the Maui page.
- Go swimming at one of the many beaches. The trio of Kamaole Beaches - Kamaole Beach Park I, II and II - are probably the nicest (and busiest) of the Kihei beaches. They each have their own changing rooms although parking is limited if you bring a car
- Go to a luau which feature Polynesian music and dancing. Several resorts host them on various nights of the week. Most feature a buffet dinner.
- Visit Kealia Pond National Wildlife Refuge. is a good place observe Hawaii's endangered wetland birds, along with a diversity of feathered visitors from as far away as Alaska and Canada, and occasionally from Asia. Best season to visit is the winter. Best time of day is in the morning.
- Walk along the beach.
- Watch the sunrise at the top of Haleakala.
Most of Kihei's restaurants and grocery stores are strung out along South Kihei Road.
There are both supermarkets and smaller food shops along South Kihei Road. Some of the supermarkets can also serve as a restaurant as they sell warm cooked food that is cheaper (and sometimes tastier) than what you find in restaurants.
- Foodland, Kihei Town Center, ☎ +1 808 879-9350.
- Longs Drug Store, 1215 S Kihei Rd, ☎ +1 808 879-2033. Limited groceries and a good wine selection.
- Star Markets, 1310 S Kihei Rd, ☎ +1 808 442-4750. Has a good selection of cooked food to make your own meal and eat on the nearby beach.
- Safeway, 277 Piikea Ave, ☎ +1 808 891-9120.
- Alexander's Fish, Chicken & Chips, 1913 S Kihei Rd (across from Kalama Park), ☎ +1 808 874-0788. Popular takeaway fish and chips place with some outside seating. Fish can be cooked traditional deep fried, grilled or dusted with Cajun spices. $8-12.
- Cafe O'Lei, 2439 S Kihei Rd #201A, ☎ +1 808 891-1368. 10:30AM-3PM, 5PM-9PM. There are several Cafe O'Leis on Maui and all of them have wonderful food. The food is a high quality and prices are reasonable. The Kihei branch has lunch and dinner hours, and the one at the Dunes at Maui Lani has a breakfast menu.
- Coconuts Fish Cafe, 1279 S Kihei Rd, ☎ +1 808 875-9979. Great fish tacos plus things like fish burgers cooked to order. Eat in or take out.
- Fat Daddy's Smokehouse & BBQ, 1913 S Kihei Rd, ☎ +1 808 879-8711.
- Moose McGillyCuddy's Pub & Cafe, 2511 S Kihei Rd (across from Kamaole Beach Park II), ☎ +1 808 891-8600. Restaurant on one side and bar on the other. Good to place to go if you want background noise and cheap pub-style eats. Has a three-hour happy hour every day and different special each night of the week.
- Spices Restaurant, 2259 S Kihei Rd, ☎ +1 808 891-8860. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The small appetites breakfast is good value (for example - 2 eggs, toast and coffee for $4.95); dinner is more expensive.
- Three's Bar & Grill, 1945 S Kihei Rd Ste G, ☎ +1 808 879-3133.
- Ambrosia Martini Lounge, 1913 S Kihei Rd, ☎ +1 808 891-1011, e-mail: email@example.com. 5PM-2AM daily.
- Dog & Duck, 1913 S Kihei Rd #N, ☎ +1 808 875-9669.
- Joe's, 131 Wailea Ike Pl, Wailea, ☎ +1 808 875-7767, fax: +1 808 875-1827. On-line reservations available.
- Kumu Bar & Grill, 3700 Wailea Alanui Dr.
- Oceans Beach Bar & Grill, 1819 S Kihei Rd #A.
- South Shore Tiki Lounge, 1913 S Kihei Rd #J, ☎ +1 808 874-6444.
- Sports Page Bar & Grill, 2411 S Kihei Rd #B4.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Kihei on Wikivoyage.