222 hotels in this place
Kissimmee is a city in Osceola County. Kissimmee (pronounced /kiˈsimi/, accent on second syllable) is a popular Central Florida tourist destination because of its sunny weather, spring training baseball for major league clubs, and close proximity to Disney World. It is located just south of Orlando in what is commonly referred to as the "Kissimmee-St. Cloud" area, due to the short distance between it and the adjacent city of St. Cloud. It is centered directly between St. Cloud and Disney World on Highway 192 and leads into SR-535, which leads directly into Disney World theme parks. Most tourist activity is centered around Highway 192 (also known as Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway and Vine Street in the city of Kissimmee). (less...) (more...)
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Kissimmee
- Old Town (by mile marker 8 on Hwy 192). They have a classic car show on the weekends, lots of shops and a couple restaurants, and a free Ferris wheel (if you find the coupon in one of the many coupon books) as well as other rides (including a giant human sling shot). Coupon books found in all hotels, Denny's, Pancake House.
- Osceola Heritage Park, 1875 Silver Spur Ln, ☎ +1 321 697-3333. (2 mi N on I-92 from Turnpike)- Events and recreation complex that includes Osceola County Stadium, Silver Spurs Arena, and other facilities.
- Osceola County Stadium, +1 407-933-5400, Spring Training home of the Houston Astros. Catch the excitement of Major League Baseball up close (every year from late February through early April).
- Silver Spurs Arena is a multipurpose events arena which hosts shows ranging from rock concerts to competitive rodeos. The annual Silver Spurs Rodeo is hosted here every year in late February.
- Warbird Air Museum, 231 N Hoagland Blvd, ☎ +1 407 933-1942. This is an active work shop rather than a museum which specializes in restoring WW2 aircraft to flying condition. Guided tours are available of the work shops and hangers which are crammed with wrecks and bits and pieces of rare aircraft, as well as planes which are flyable or are being restored.
- Osceola County Historical Society, 750 N Bass Rd, ☎ +1 407 396-8644. Th-Sa 10AM-4PM, Su 1PM-4PM. Historical village and museum of Kissimmee, with authentic buildings such as a cracker house and horse stables. $5.
Since the opening of Disney World in 1971, Kissimmee has been primarily a tourist-driven town. Before that the town relied on agriculture and ranching, with a population of just over four thousand through the 1950's.
- Florida EcoSafaris at Forever Florida (Zipline Safari), ☎ +1 407 957-9794, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Journey deep into Forever Florida, a 4700 acre eco-ranch and wildlife conservation area, preserved just as nature intended. This beautiful site boasts 9 distinct Florida ecosystems and an endless array of natural flora and fauna including alligators, black bears, nearly two hundred species of birds and the endangered Florida panther. Choose your own fully-guided adventure: Coach Safari, Horseback Safari, soar through the treetops on the Zipline Safari. Reservations required.
- SkyScapes Balloon Tours, ☎ +1 407 856-4606, e-mail: email@example.com.
- Boggy Creek Airboat & Swamp Buggy Rides, ☎ +1 407 344-9550, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Naturalists often refer to Boggy Creek wetlands as, 'The Central Florida Everglades'. Take one of these airboat or swamp buggy rides for an up-close look at exotic birds, turtles. 9AM-5:30PM daily.
- Lake Tohopekaliga - Known locally as "Lake Toho," it is the largest lake in Osceola County, and is renowned for some of the best bass fishing in the state.
- Cypress Lake Airboat Tours (Osprey Eco Tours), 3301 Lake Cypress Rd (E on Hwy 192 to St. Cloud, drop South on Vermont Ave( aka Canoe Creek Rd), go 11.6 mi to Lake Cypress Rd turn right, then 2.3 mi), ☎ +1 407 957-2277. 10AM-4:30PM daily. Scenic airboat ride through an undeveloped region of Florida where alligators and bald eagles are commonly encountered. Call for Reservations.
- Shingle Creek Regional Park (Steffee Landing), 4265 W Vine St (7 mi E of I-4 on US 192 (exit 64A), on US 192 on right side near marker 15), ☎ +1 407 742-7800. Oct-Mar 8AM-5PM, Apr-Sep 8AM-7PM. A nature park that encompasses 1,033 acres of natural Florida along the banks of beautiful Shingle Creek-Headwaters to the Everglades. The park features hiking/canoeing trails, picnicking and play areas placed amongst the remnants of the historic Shingle Creek community's pioneer homes and farms.
- Babb Landing, 2491 Babb Rd (7 mi E of I-4 on US 192 (exit 64A). Turn left on Old Vineland Rd, Right on Babb Rd). Park entrance located at the termination point of some of the hiking and canoeing trails.
- Art In Motion LLC Custom Motorcycles, 1503 Ross Ave (off of US 192), ☎ +1 407-847-0119, e-mail: email@example.com. Here you can see custom motorycles being built. At their .6 acre facility, you can visit a working motorcycle shop with 100% custom motorcycles, motorcycle customizing, a full parts counter and gifts. The "three-wheeler" restroom offers a "magic spot" where if you park your vehicle in the right place out front, you can see it projected upside-down on the silver wall inside. Also offers a "build your own bike while on vacation" service for people with the inclination to build a motorcycle but not enough time or knowledge to do this on their own.
- Arabian Nights, 3081 Arabian Nights Blvd (1/2 mi E of I-4 on Hwy 192, marker 8), toll-free: +1 800-553-6116. A dinner show that brings a fairytale to life on horseback.
- Azteca's Mexican Restaurant, 809 N Main St, ☎ +1 407 933-8155. Unique dining environment offering authentic Mexican food.
- Capone's, 4740 W Hwy 192, toll-free: +1 800-220-8428. Gangster themed dinner show featuring period costumes and comedy.
- Fat Boys' Bar-BQ, 1606 W Vine St, ☎ +1 407 847-7098. Traditional, quality Bar-BQ. A local favorite. $6-8.
- Gator's Dockside, 715 Vine St E, ☎ +1 407 847-9595. Sport's bar serving grilled wings that the locals swear by.
- Kissimmee Steak House, 2047 E Irlo Bronson Mem Hwy (Less than 1 mi W of Florida Turnpike, exit 244). High quality steak.
- Medieval Times, 4510 W Irlo Bronson Hwy, ☎ +1 888-WE-JOUST. Dinner show with medieval reenactments including horseback jousting, all set in a huge castle. $58.95.
- Tarantino's Italian Restaurant, 10 W Monument Ave, ☎ +1 407 870-2622. Family owned and operated Italian restaurant.
- Fox and Hounds, 3514 W Vine St, ☎ +1 407 847-9927. Authentic British pub with great atmosphere.
- Third Base Pub, 225 Simpson Rd, ☎ +1 407 846-4747. Fun baseball themed pub with excellent hot wings too.
- The Loop. Large shopping center, opened in 2007, with a wide variety of anchor stores, restaurants, and specialty retailers, including a movie theater.
- Downtown Disney (2 minutes off of 192; N on 535) in Lake Buena Vista offers a wide range of specialty stores.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Kissimmee on Wikivoyage.