5 hotels in this place
Wasilla is a city in Alaska. It is most famous as the home town of Alaska Governor and 2008 Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin, who served as mayor of the city for six years. Wasilla is the last city of significant size on the Parks Highway northward; therefore, it is a frequent stopping point if traveling by car to Denali National Park, Fairbanks or other points north.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Wasilla
Popular sightseeing trips include the Knik Glacier, Matanuska Glacier, Pioneer Peak.
In the summer there is mountain hiking in Hatcher Pass, at The Butte, Lazy Mountain, Crevasse Moraine and Matanuska Glacier. There are quite a few convenient whitewater streams in the area. For the canoeist there's the Wasilla Lakes canoe trail, Nancy Lakes canoe trail and Meadow Creek.
In the winter there's Nordic skiing in Hatcher Pass, Moose Meadows and at Government Peak. Outdoor ice skating is available.
- Colony House Museum, 316 E Elmwood Ave, Palmer 99645, ☎ +1 907 745-1935.
- Dorothy Page Museum, 323 N. Main St., ☎ +1 907 373-9071, fax: +1 907 373-9072. Tu-Fr 9am-5pm. Cultural and historical heritage of Wasilla, Knik and Willow Creek. $3.
- Knik Museum and Mushers' Hall of Fame, Mile 13.9 Knik-Goose Bay Road (south of Wasilla), ☎ +1 907 376-7755. June-Aug 1-6pm Th-Sa, 1-5pm Sun. Historical museum in ghost town, picnic area. $5/pers.
- Museum of Alaska Transportation and Industry, 3800 W Museum Dr., ☎ +1 907 376-1211.
Wasilla contains a collection of standard fast-food and quick-casual eating options.
- Evangelo's Restaurant, 2530 E Parks Hwy., ☎ +1 907 376-1212. Italian.
- Windbreak Café (The Trout House), 2201 E. Parks Highway, ☎ +1 907 376-4484. 6am-11pm M-Sa, 7am-11pm Sun. Diner-style food, local fishing furnishings. Trout's Place hotel and bar/lounge.
- Donut King, 490 Main St., ☎ +1 907 376-8300. Gyros, doughnuts and coffee. Wi-fi.
- Mekong Thai Restaurant, 473 W Parks Hwy, ☎ +1 907 373-7690. Authentic Thai food.
- Hula Hands, 244 South Sylvan Rd., ☎ +1 907 373-4852. A small Hawaiian-style chain based in Anchorage.
Wasilla has a profusion of espresso stands that serve food as well.
- Mocha Moose Coffee Company and Roastery, 340 North Lucille St., ☎ +1 907 357-2326. Open all night..
- The Grape Tap, 322 N Boundary Street, ☎ +1 907 376-8466. Tu-Th 5-9pm, Fr-Sa 5-10pm. Tapas restaurant and wine cellar with local, domestic and import beers in 1930's era pioneer home in downtown old Wasilla, 376-VINO.
Wasilla has several branches of chain stores for buying food, clothes and outdoor supplies, dominated by a huge Fred Meyer superstore. If you are going north and forgot to bring something important with you or buy it in Anchorage, you should be able to find it in Wasilla.
- Fred Meyer, 1501 E Parks Hwy., ☎ +1 907 352-5000.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Wasilla on Wikivoyage.