San Jose del Cabo
39 hotels in this place
San Jose del Cabo is a city in Los Cabos.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in San Jose del Cabo
Most major attractions are within walking distance of downtown San Jose del Cabo.
- Plaza Central (Main square). The main public plaza in downtown San Jose del Cabo. Events such as music and dancing take place during the week, especially on Saturday and Sunday nights. Numerous stores and restaurants face the plaza.
- Catedral de San Jose (Saint Joseph's Cathedral). Located at the west end of the Plaza Central, it is the main (catholic) church in San Jose del Cabo.
- Boulevard Antonio Mijares. Numerous stores, restaurants and bars can be found along this street, arguably the liveliest one in peaceful San Jose del Cabo.
- Estero San Jose. A beautiful marsh with walking trails, located just east of downtown.
About San Jose del Cabo
The road connecting San Jose del Cabo and Cabo Pulmo along the east road cape (unpaved) has some beautiful views and beaches with nice surfing spots. It's possible to take a day trip or even spend a few nights on the road exploring a different side of Cabo far from the touristy resorts. (Note: If you drive a rental car, make sure you are allowed to drive on this unpaved road. Some agencies void insurance coverage while driving on this road.)
Several beautiful beaches can be easily reached by car or by public transportation. Worth noting are the nearby beaches of "Punta Palmilla" and "El Chileno", both located west of town. "El Chileno", located in Chileno Bay about 15 miles west of San Jose del Cabo, was recently awarded a "Blue Flag" certificate, handed out by the nonprofit Foundation for Environmental Education, for its excellent water quality. "El Chileno" beach is extremely well maintained, has on-site facilities (restrooms, showers, trash bins) and unpaved parking with security. The beach is open from 7am to 7pm in the summer.
Many restaurants are located in or near downtown San Jose del Cabo.
- El Toro Guero (Mariscos El Toro Güero), Corner of Avenida Centenario and Calle Idelfonso Green (Four blocks west of Plaza Central in downtown San Jose del Cabo.). Packed by locals for afternoon "comida", serves a variety of seafood dishes such as "ceviche", "tacos", "molcajetes", "filetes" at fair prices. "Aguas frescas" are outstanding, but service can be slow during weekday afternoon rush hour. Limited off-street parking is available. Restaurant has two locations, the most convenient for tourists is the location near downtown. MXP. 100 and above.
- Las Guacamayas (Taqueria Las Guacamayas), On Paseo de los Marinos near the corner with Paseo del Pescador (About 12 blocks west of Plaza Central in downtown San Jose del Cabo. Follow Calle Manuel Doblado past Transpeninsular Hwy, right on Paseo del Pescador, then left on Paseo de los Marinos.). A bit far away from downtown, but well-worth the trouble. Serves a large variety of mainly beef, pork and chicken "tacos", "quesadillas" and "sopes". "Aguas frescas" are very good. Crowded with locals and tourist alike for evening dinner, offering live music most days. Street parking only. MXP. 100 and above.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article San José del Cabo on Wikivoyage.