2 hotels in this place
Dawson City is located in the Yukon of Canada.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Dawson City
- Historic Klondike Gold Rush Town
Popular events in Dawson City in the near future
About Dawson City
- Diamond Tooth Gertie's Gambling Hall is a touristy relic of the old Gold Rush days but it is still a blast, frequented by locals and visitors alike. $10 gets you in the door any day of the week, and in the summer at least there are three can-can shows a night in addition to gambling of all sorts, food, and of course local beers and drinks.
- Paddle Boat Graveyard. Old paddle boats that plied the Yukon are drydocked, after a fashion, down the Yukon River opposite the town. To reach this you must take the free ferry across the river and walk through the government camping area along the river. Where the camping area ends, get out onto the river's shore and walk maybe 1/8 of a mile further. These are dilapidated tetanus traps but it's fascinating to crawl around in and on them.
- Cemeteries. The towns has a great variety of cemeteries, including Jewish, Masonic, RCMP, and others. They are a reminder of the town's colorful past. They are just a short drive up Crocus Bluff and halfway up the shoulder of the Midnight Dome mountain that looms over the town.
- Tombstone Territorial Park.
- Gold Bottom Mine Tours, Front St. beside the Trading Post, ☎ +1 867 993 5023. 9:15,1:30. An experiential tour of an operating placer gold mine in Dawson City Yukon. See Placer mining up close and personal, learn some Kilondike 98 mining history finally do some creek gold panning with real pay dirt taking home what you find. $40.
Try the Drunken Goat Taverna for great Greek food or Klondike Kates for fantastic soups, sandwiches and local ingredients. Higher end fair like Bison carpaccio and Fireweed Honey Duck Breast is available at the Aurora Inn.
- Downtown The Downtown Hotel has a good bar, home of the "Sourtoe Cocktail Club." There is also internet access available at the bar.
- Pit For some local colour try the beer parlour at the Westminster Hotel or "the pit" (the dodgy looking pink building on 3rd ave) where gold mining fortunes and welfare cheques alike are cheerfully exchanged for $2 sleeves of draught beer almost any time of any day. Good local live music in the lounge next door at the pit some nights too.
The Trading Post on Front Street has amazing examples of Tr'ondek Hwech'in products. Beaded vests, fur mittens and the like. The shop also has all the things you might need to make a journey out onto the land more civilized.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Dawson City on Wikivoyage.