29 hotels in this place
Vancouver is a city in the Southwest Washington region of Washington State, immediately north of the border with Oregon. Two bridges across the Columbia River connect Vancouver to the rest of the Portland metropolitan area. Vancouver is the fourth largest city in Washington (and is more populous than all cities in Oregon with the exception of Portland), but is obscured by its close proximity to and economic reliance on Portland, OR. It should not be confused with the larger city of the same name, Vancouver, BC (Canada) which is just under 300 miles (450 km) to the north. (less...) (more...)
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Vancouver
- Pearson Air Museum, 1115 E 5th St, ☎ +1 360 694-7026. W-Sa 10AM-5PM. The museum is located on historic Pearson Field, the oldest active airfield in the United States. The museum is also home to the country's oldest wooden hangar. Built in 1918 as part of the U.S. Army Spruce Division, it has been used as an airplane hangar since 1921. It even housed Italian prisoners of war during W.W.II. The museum is the first step in a three-phase project to recreate a pre-WWII Army Air Corps Field that existed at Pearson Field in the 1920's and 1930's.
- Fort Vancouver National Historic Site, 612 E Reserve St, ☎ +1 360 816-6230. 9AM-5PM Summer, 9AM-4PM Winter. Vancouver is home to the historic Fort Vancouver. Built in 1825, Fort Vancouver was a fur trading outpost and home to the Hudson's Bay Company. It's right outside Downtown Vancouver and next to the Pearson Air Field and Museum. It's a great spot to stop and have a picnic or just to look at the handful of old buildings and displays. Also, on the 4th of July be sure to check out the amazing firework show, said to be the biggest west of the Mississippi River. $3/person, $5/family.
- Water Resources Education Center (Water Center), 4600 SE Columbia Way, ☎ +1 360 487-7111. M-Sa 9AM-5PM. Enjoy the hands-on, interactive activities in the Exhibit Hall. View the nature-inspired art in the White Sturgeon Art Gallery. Take in the panoramic view of the Columbia River from the Center's balconies. Get a closer look at the rolling Columbia River and nearly 50 acres of wildlife-rich wetlands from the Marine Park Overlook that also connects visitors to Vancouver's Renaissance Trail, a paved waterfront trail favored by walkers, runners and bicyclists. Free.
- Esther Short Park, W Columbia Ave & W 8th St. The oldest public square in the Pacific Northwest, established in 1853. The park includes a playground, rose garden, fountains and a variety of public art pieces. In the summer, Esther Short hosts a variety of concerts and festivals. Free.
- Officers Row, 1301 Officers Row. Check out twenty-two restored nineteenth century homes near the Vancouver Barracks. Several are open to the public. The Grant House is home to a restaurant that is operated by a local culinary school. Varies.
- Big Al's, 16615 SE 18th St, ☎ +1 360 944-6118. Big Al's is a local family entertainment center with bowling alleys, billiard tables, arcade and a sports bar & grill themed restaurant.
- Sleep Country Amphitheater, 17200 NE Delfel Road, ☎ +1 360 816-7000.
- Vancouver Symphony Orchestra (VSO), 1300 NW 139th St, ☎ +1 360 735-7278.
- Cinetopia, 11700 SE 7th St, ☎ +1 360 213-2800. The theater offers a variety of seating including large leather auditorium seats or couches in the living room theater (21+). Cinetopia serves alcohol as well as food, and there is a restaurant Vinotopia on-site. There is also a great rotating display of local artwork. 8.50+.
- The Steakburger/ Golf-o-Rama, 7120 NE Hwy 99, ☎ +1 360 694-3421. An old-school burger and shake shop featuring a 36-hole miniature golf course.
- Kiggins Theatre, 1011 Main St, ☎ +1 360 737-3161. Newly renovated 1930s movie theatre showing second-run movies. Grab a drink before the show in the upstairs lounge. $4+.
- Pop Culture, 1929 Main St, ☎ +1 360 750-1784. M 5PM-9PM, Tu-Th 11:30AM-9PM, F 11:30AM-10PM, Sa 11:30AM-11PM, Su 11:30AM-4PM. Downtown Vancouver hangout that often showcases local music, poetry and comedy. Check out a show while enjoying a soda from their huge collection of specialty pops, as well as a small menu of hot dogs and munchies.
- G6 Airpark, 2200 NE Andresen Rd, Ste J, ☎ +1 360 828-1444. Su-Th noon-10PM F-Sa noon-midnight. Jump through an elaborate indoor trampoline park that includes an arcade, cafe, and birthday packages for children.
- Alderbrook Park, 24414 NE Westerholm Rd, Brush Prairie WA 98606 (Take I-5 to exit #4. Travel East. Stay straight on Padden Pkwy, which becomes Ward Rd. Ward Rd becomes 182nd Ave. Turn right on 184th St, which becomes 189th St. Turn on Westerholm Rd), ☎ +1 360 882-4444. Seasonal (11AM-dusk). A family friendly, magical forest hidden in the foothills of Larch Mountain. A variety of activities are available for all ages: trackless train, pedal boats, catch and release fishing, bounce houses, mini-golf, horses and pony rides. Discover the enchanted children's area where lies a life-size, beached pirates ship. Amenities include swimming pool, bath houses, picnic pavilions and guest houses. $5/person.
- Burgerville, 7401 E Mill Plain Blvd, ☎ +1 360 694-4971. 7AM-11PM daily. Founded in 1961 and still based here in Vancouver, the NW's own fast food chain with a decidedly NW flavor promoting sustainable practices and fresh, local ingredients. Great burgers and traditional fast food fare. Amazing seasonal items including sweet potato fries, asparagus, strawberries, blackberries, onion rings and more. The original Burgerville USA was actually in the building next door to this location.
- Vancouver Pizza Company, 2219 Main St, ☎ +1 360 750-1196. M-Th 11AM-9PM, Sa 11AM-10PM, Su 4PM-9PM. Vancouver Pizza Company is a great, family friendly gourmet pizza shop with over 25 specialty pizzas. They also offer fresh salads, hot sandwiches, and breadsticks! Stop in and treat yourself to our delicious lunch menu, or bring in the family and enjoy an evening of pizza, and a game of checkers. Children love our kid's meals and their own coloring page! Rated 4 stars by the Columbian.
- Sushi World, 13503 SE Mill Plain Blvd, ☎ +1 360 944-9659. Sushi World is one of the best and cheapest places in the Portland/Vancouver area to get sushi. It's clean, friendly, but sometimes crowded, especially on nights when they're offering a discount. Plates travel around to booths and bars while staff in the kitchen and in the hub of the restaurant replenish stocks. Options vary from nigiri or rolls to noodles to dessert items. Offerings are invariably fresh, and special items are available from the sushi chefs on request. It is very possible to eat your fill here and get out the door for $10 per person.
- Sakura of Japan, 8010 NE Highway 99 # A, ☎ +1 360 573-3883. Looking for the best Japanese food in Vancouver? A 5 minute drive north of the Downtown area will bring you to the suburb of Hazel Dell where Sakura of Japan is located. The staff is friendly and the food is amazing. The restaurant prepares many Japanese dishes, including Teriyaki Chicken, Yakisoba Noodles, and Miso Soup. The servings are generous and there's always some left over to bring home. And the best part of it all is the food is cooked right in front of your eyes, a la Beni Hana's.
- Philly Bilmos, 2100 SE 164th Ave, ☎ +1 360 944-1006. An east coast style deli serving the best in cheese steaks, fettuccini, and cheesecake.
- Thai Lotus, 16209 SE McGillivray Blvd, Ste H (Take SE 164th Ave Exit off SR-14, go North, left at SE McGillivray, located near Auto's Pub), ☎ +1 360 883-3419. Truly flavorful, family-run restaurant with exotic atmosphere. Open for lunch and dinner 7 days a week. Reservations welcome. Gift certificates available. Our family looks forward to serving you.
- McMenamins on the Columbia, 1801 SE Columbia River Dr, ☎ +1 360 699-1521. Su-Th 11AM-11PM, F-Sa 11AM-1AM. Not only do they have fantastic food, but they also have a full-service bar. Located along Vancouver's water front on the Columbia River, the pub is known for the many beers it makes and serves. The atmosphere is very relaxed and appealing. McMenamins is a great place to visit and enjoy drinks, food, and an incredible view.
- Vancouver Farmers Market. Open March through October, Saturdays 9AM-3PM and Sunday 10AM-3PM, rain or shine. Great selection of naturally grown fruits, vegetables and herbs, local natural meats, seafood and dairy products. Over 200 vendors.
- Uptown Village. Is nestled between downtown Vancouver and its historic neighborhoods. It lies between Mill Plain and 4th Plain Boulevards along Broadway, Main, and Columbia Streets.
- Westfield Vancouver Shopping Center (Westfield Vancouver Shopping Mall or just Vancouver Mall), 8700 NE Vancouver Mall Dr, ☎ +1 360 892-6255. The mall offers a variety of stores including large department stores such as Nordstrom, Macy's, Sears and JCPenney. There are over 120 stores, restaurants and specialty shops.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Vancouver (Washington) on Wikivoyage.