37 hotels in this place
Kamloops is located in British Columbia, Canada. It is the Tournament Capital of Canada. It has hosted Strauss Canada Cup of Curling, Skate Canada, World Fly Fishing Championships, Tim Horton's Olympic Qualifying Bike Race, and World Junior Hockey Championships. Kamloops is a city with a population just under 99,000 including surrounding areas. Just city limits has 73,000 residents.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Kamloops
- MacArthur Island Park
- Riverside Park- Where the rivers meet
- The BC Wildlife Park
- Thompson Rivers University is Canada's most comprehensive university. Summer campus tours daily, and Wednesday night 'Friends of the Gardens' tours of the largest botanical collection in the interior of B.C.
- Aberdeen Mall is a large two-floor upscale mall, 1320 West Trans Canada Highway, has quite a few attractions, mainly clothes stores. Navigation is also somewhat easier than other malls.
- Two River Junction Musical Revue[www.tworiverjunction.com]
- Kamloops Blazers - Competitive Western Hockey League team. The Blazers play at the Interior Savings Centre.
- Swim -- Adjacent to downtown, Kamloops has a lovely beach park (Riverside Park) along the Thompson River. There is a water park for children and an enclosed swimming area on the river. The Thompson is, however, swift and cold and the swimming area is not always patrolled.
- Climb -- While not as popular among the rock climbing crowd as Squamish or Penticton, there are several areas that offer climbing in and around the Kamloops areas. Climbing information can be found in a free online guide available at CLIMBKamloops.ca
- Ski -- Sun Peaks is an hour or so drive north of Kamloops along Highway 5.
- Golf (approximately 11 18-hole courses, with "Tobiano" being the latest opened June 2007)
- Mountain Bike -- With the hilly and mountainous terrain that varies from wide open to thickly wooded, Kamloops is one of the more popular locations for mountain bike riding in western Canada.
- Kamloops Heritage Railway
- Sunmore Ginseng SPA
- Kamloops Brewery Tours.
- Siwash Lake Ranch (luxury dude ranch), nr. 70 Mile House (2.5 hours north of Kamloops), ☎ +1 250-395-6541. 8AM to 9PM PST. Canada's top luxury guest ranch and eco-friendly destination, offering the world's best horseback riding and fly-fishing adventures in a wilderness paradise.
- Horseback Riding/Guest Ranch (Tod Mountain Ranch), 3968 Heffley-Louis Creek Road (45 mins from Kamloops; 15 mins from Sun Peaks)), ☎ +1 250-578-8869. Adult oriented guest ranch offering horseback riding vacations in the summer months (May - October). In the winter months, offers affordable accommodation close to Sun Peaks Ski Resort and only 5 mins from the Cahilty snowmobiling trails. Accommodation is in cute cabins and the main lodge has a magnificent stone fireplace, stunning views down the valley, a fab games rooms with pool table, shuffleboard, card table, board games etc. Rates are all inclusive of meals and accommodation and all on-site activities. www.todmountainranch.com
- Sanbiki sushi is located on Victoria St in the downtown core. Authentically prepared nigiri, sashimi and maki is elegantly presented. Featuring several popular favourites as well as local and seasonal specialties, this restaurant is reasonably priced and popular with the locals. The itamae is very receptive to dietary restrictions. For the more ethically conscious, only free-range eggs and wild-caught fish (when available) are used.
- Peter's Pasta is located on Victoria St in the downtown core. All pastas and sauces are handmade on-site. Peter himself is often present and is always happy to answer any questions or even just make pleasant conversation. Very popular with the locals -arrive early as they do not take reservations .
- Mountain-High Pizza Either located near the Sprott-Shaw college in Downtown, or at 1465 Trans Canada highway, Mountain-High Pizza is a very good, locally owned and operated pizza shop with a great feel.
- D'agastinos Delicious authentic Italian food located on Victoria St. in the downtown core.
- Frick and Frack Lively atmosphere and offers a wide variety of beer from around the world. Located on Victoria Street across from the casino.
- Harolds Family Restaurant Another local favorite for breakfast, lunch or dinner. This place doesn't look like much but has a great feel, awesome service, and tasty home cooked meals.
The legal drinking age in British Columbia is 19.
Pubs and Lounges
- The Duchess on Tranquille nightclub is located at 377 Tranquille Road in North Kamloops. This is combination pub, lounge and exotic nightclub. A great amateur exotic dance contest is held on Wednesday nights. During the evening the clientele is 50/50 men and women and there is a very active dance floor with a great lighting system and fogger.
- Cactus Jacks is located on Seymour St in the downtown core. This is a large facility with a distinct country & western theme. Featuring weekly wet T-shirt contests, bikini bullriding and occasional live music acts.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Kamloops on Wikivoyage.