3 hotels in this place
Taif is a city in western Saudi Arabia. It is in the mountains near Mecca and was once used as the summer capital, letting the royal family get out of the much hotter Riyadh.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Taif
Whenever you go, you will see breathtaking mountains.
- Al Rudaf Park, south of Taif, has clumps of trees lie and beautiful weathered granite rocks, plus a small zoo.
- Wadi Mitna was Muhammad's refuge in 619 AD.
- Ta'if rose plantation. In April, fields are full of pink roses. They are harvested and distilled into Ta'if rose oil, a luxury item which has been used in famous perfumes including Chanel.
- Shubra Palace houses the local museum.
- Rock Carving Site, 40 km north of Taif, is where there used to be a large souq (market) in ancient, pre-Islamic times.
- Turkish Fort: This is near the Rock Carving Site, and it is believe that Lawrence of Arabia fought here during World War I. Many other battles have taken place in the area, so there are graves of war dead nearby.
- Nature Reserve: This reserve is 2100 meters above sea level, at the peak of Al Hada Mountain. This is a novelty in Saudi Arabia: A place of greenery, trees and shrubs, and also a great place to watch the sun set.
- Al Shafa: A village in the mountains (2200 to 2500 meters above sea level), where many fruits are grown. Great views are to be had.
Popular events in Taif in the near future
Located beside the Ramada Hotel, the newly opened cable car, which is the largest in Saudi Arabia and the Middle East, will show you the extremely fantastic scenery of Taif's Mountains. If you are lucky you will be able to see monkeys. These cable cars, located in Al Hada Region will cost you a notable amount of money. The cable cars drop you in Al Kar Tourist Village, which is mainly a water games center with swimming pools. The cable car will cost you 30 Riyals for an adult and 15 Riyals for kids. If you wish to take a return trip, you will pay double. You can have your own cable car for 150 Riyals one way and 300 Riyals for two way. Don't Forget Your Camera! Since 2011 the price is 90 Riyals flat, this includes to and fro cable car and waterpark.
Try to eat Saudi's own Kabsa or Bukhari Rice. The signature dish of Taif is "Seleeg," a sort of large-grain rice and milk pudding. However, be careful because hygiene in some restaurants is not satisfactory. Don't miss The Tazaj fast food chain.
As with the rest of Saudi Arabia, alcohol is strictly prohibited. You can drink Saudi champagne (alcohol free) from any coffee shop.
The most important thing you have to buy is fruit. Taif specializes in peach (khokh), pomegranate (romman), grapes (enab), and dates (tamr) These are the best fruits in Saudi Arabia.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Taif on Wikivoyage.