1 hotels in this place
Sigulda is in the Vidzeme Region of Latvia, some 50 kilometers to the east of Riga. It is at the south-western end of Gauja National Park. Located in the picturesque Gauja valley, with its steep banks and cliffs, Sigulda has become known as the 'Switzerland of Latvia'.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Sigulda
- City card Siguldas spieķis. Is the key to unique Sigulda experience for individual travelers. The card gives free entry to the main sights and the museum, and money saving special offers.
- Turaida castle is about 4km outside of Sigulda and a major sight. It's been rebuilt in the Soviet area and now houses exhibition space and a small café. It also has fabulous views over the valley and the river.
- Gutmanis cave lies half-way between Sigulda and Turaida castle and has a little creek flowing from it. A legend states that the water in the creek emanates from Gutmanis' tears, and drinking it is supposed to be healthy and boosting one's lifespan. Try it at your own risk, or just watch people stopping by to fill entire bottles.
- Krimulda Palace and Ruins are located about 800 m further from Gutmanis Cave up the Serpentine road. The Cable car take tourists to Sigulda side every half hour.
- Sigulda New Castle built in the end of 19th century. Restaurant and city council is located in castle.
- Sigulda Medieval Castle Ruins located next to the Sigulda New castle. Built in 1207 by the Order of the Brethren of the Sword. Open air stage is located in ruins now.
- Walking-stick Square opened in 2007. The walking stick is a symbol of Sigulda town. Locals have made walking sticks since the 19th century to help tourists walk up and down the primeval valley of the Gauja River.
Popular events in Sigulda in the near future
- Do a canoe tour in Gauja National Park. Take care of your arms.
- Ride Latvia's only cable car across the Gauja valley and enjoy the view. L2 one way (July 2011).
- Walk the wooded trails to Turaida. Take the cable car across the valley, then up and down a variety of paths and steps to Turaida village and castle, before returning along the river valley and a visit to Gutman's Cave. Distance is around 10 km.
- Sigulda Adventure Park Tarzan (Siguldas Piedzīvojumu parks „Tarzāns”), Sigulda, Peldu 1, ☎ +371 27001187, e-mail: email@example.com. Daily 10:00–20:00. The largest outdoor adventure park in the Baltics.
- In winter, slide down the bobsled track or ski in the mini ski resort. During summer weekends, the bobsled run is converted for use by 'wheel-bobs'.
- Amusement park Wild cat. Adventure Park Mežakaķis is a sporty activity or a walk in the trees, and it is designed for people that are fond of active lifestyle and spending time in open air.
- Aerodium is the free flight simulator - first vertical wind tunnel in Eastern Europe. It breaks gravity rules and allows you to fly with the help of newest technologies.
- Elvi Bowling, 1 Vidus Street, ☎ +371 67970007.
In the centre of town (Pils Iela) there are two large buffet / cafés open throughout the day all week from Breakfast until late evening opposite the main shopping area. There is also a Hesburger outlet beyond the bobsleigh course, but this is a good walk from everything else.
In Turaida there are no food options for lunch beyond a microwaved hot dog at the village store.
- Melnais Kaķis. Located in the city centre. Open every evening from 22.00 p.m. to 2.00 a.m. Every weekend is disco opened from 22.00 p.m. to 4.00 a.m.
- Sigulda Walking Stick is the most popular tourist souvenir for more than a hundred years. The canes have different sizes, starting from very small (almost like a keyring) till actual size, which you could use exploring the city. You can find them at Turaida castle, Tourism information centre, Gutmanis cave, etc.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Sigulda on Wikivoyage.