6 hotels in this place
Kópavogur is a city in Southwest Iceland, with a population of 30,000 (December 1. 2007).
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Kopavogur
Kópavogur is one of the youngest towns in Iceland so there is not much there of historical significance. It was a suburb of Reykjavík with the first houses built during WW2. Recent (post 1990) explosive growth in both business and housing building doubled the town in size, giving it large shopping centers and an office/commercial building that is the tallest building in Iceland but the things to see are primarily in the older part of the town, particularly the Kársnes peninsula with trees in the gardens and treelined streets and the picturesque church on top of the Borgarholt.
- Smárabíó (shopping center Smáralind), ☎ +354 564 0000, e-mail: email@example.com. Iceland's most popular and up-to-date multiplex cinema has the capacity of 1.000 seats in five halls with perfect RealD 3D digital technology and equipment to broadcast live events in 3D. Adult price 1.350 kr..
- Skemmtigarðurinn (shopping center Smáralind), ☎ +354 534 1900, e-mail: skemmtigardur(at)skemmtigardur.is. Mon-Thur 2pm-10pm, Fri 2pm-11pm, Sat 12am-11pm, Sun 1pm-10pm. Indoor family entertainment center in Smáralind offers a great time for all ages.
Geothermal Swimming Pools
Outdoor geothermal swimming pools are an important part of Icelandic culture and a visit to them is a great way to relax.
- Salalaug and Kópavogslaug, Salalaug - Versalir 3 / Kópavogslaug – Borgarholtsbraut 17, ☎ +354 570 0480/+354 570 0470. Open time: 30.Sep.2012-01.Mai.2013, Mon-Fri 6.30am-10pm, Sat-Sun 8am-6pm. Adult price 500 kr..
- American Style, Nýbýlavegur 22, ☎ +354 554 6085. American foods and burgers.
- Domino´s Pizza, Nýbýlavegur 14, ☎ +354 58 12345. Sun-Thur 11am-12pm, Fri-Sat 11am-3am price=.
- KFC, Bæjarlind 18, ☎ +354 554 4700, fax: +354 515 0926, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Open everyday 11am-10pm.
- Nings restaurant, Hlíðasmára 12, ☎ +354 588 9899, e-mail: email@example.com. Open everyday 11.30am-10pm. Asian cuisine in Iceland.
- Nítjánda, Smáratorgi (on the second floor in Turninum), ☎ +354 575 7500, fax: +354 575 7517, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Spot, Bæjarlind 6, ☎ +354 544 4040, e-mail: email@example.com. Open daily from 6pm..
- Smáralind, Hagasmára 1, 201 Kópavogur, ☎ +354 528 8000, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Everyday 11am-7pm, Thur 11am-9pm, Sat 11am-6pm, Sun 1pm-6pm. Iceland's largest shopping center, over 80 shops and businesses on three floors.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Kópavogur on Wikivoyage.