4 hotels in this place
Siófok is a town on the south coast of Lake Balaton. The charming little town is one of the most popular holiday resorts in Hungary. The population is around 35,000 people but in the summer season there is another 200,000 people being on vacation at the same time. The name of the city means Cape Sió (Sió is a river bringing water into river Danube).
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Siofok
- Water tower
- Jókai park
- Rose garden
- Statue park
Siófok is located on a fairly flat area at the south-east end of Balaton. As the north shore is quite hilly the wind usually hits the south coast bringing some random heavy storms usually in late June but other than that the climate is very hot all summer specially in August when the temperature can go up to 35 degrees in Celsius. People who don't like too hot weather can travel to the lake in May when it is not that hot but warm enough to jump in the water and to get suntanned.
- Coke Club (the old Coca Cola Beach House) the main beach resort is the #1 attraction in town. The place offers many activities for visitors to do something more than just being on the sun. These activities include beach volley ball (organised amateur championships as well), swimming pool, streetball court, tennis, ping-pong, water polo and volley ball in shallow water, live concerts on the main stage, excersise shows on the main sandy beach, bars, restaurants, dancefloors all around the resort.
- Free access beaches are usually less crowded. Families tend to like these better. These are usually less noisy.
- Galerius Thermal Spa and Wellness Centre Siófok-Szabadifürdő, Szent László utca 183. In the summer of 2006 Siófok's newest thermal spa was opened to put Siófok onto the map of wellness centres in Hungary. The spa was named after the Roman Caesar Galerius and is opened all year. The complex is provided with water from Nagyberény which is circa 15 kms to the south from Siófok. Guests enjoy bathing and relaxing in the warm (33-37°C) geothermal water that comes up from 1091 m deep, known for its positive effects on the skin and the bones.
- Have a breakfast watching over the new main square of the city, then take a walk to find the local goods and souvenirs.
- Get on a boat to see Siófok from another perspective, and visit Balatonfüred or famous Tihany.
- There are several annual sailing races for those prefering competition. For boat rentals go to Siófok Marina to the west from the main port. A 8m yacht from about HUF 30000/day (EUR 120/day).
- Kite surfing. Is getting very popular on Lake Balaton and there is a beach where everyone can have a go after a quick lesson. For more information get in touch with the providers email@example.com.
Sándor Restaurant, Erkel Ferenc utca 30. . If someone feels like having a traditional Hungarian meal with friendly service then this is the place to go. The restaurant can be found just outside of the town centre. It offers party service aswell and it has been voted into the top 100 restaurants in Hungary in 2002.
Mala Garden, Petőfi sétány 15./a . This place is a special design hotel and restaurant. On the menu you can find Hungarian specialities and Asian foods aswell. The whole building and the interieur has been inspired by the modern architecture of Bali Island.
Amigo Restaurant and Pizzeria, Fo Utca 99. Not a Mexican Restaurant despite the name. Open all year round - great pizzas from a wood fired pizza oven. Hungarian dishes too. Very reasonably priced.
Traditional Hungarian food made by locals can be tasted if you come in August, when the Bogrács fesztivál (Cauldron festival) takes place. Several different types of goulash, Hungarian fish soup are just a few of the dishes you want to give a chance to.
Marcipán Café and Confectionary offers petit déjeuner, cakes, coffees at a reasonable price in the very heart of the city. Address here.
Café Móló, Szent István sétány 1. . Café Móló is one of the most popular bars in Siófok. It's not the cheapest place so it is mostly visited by people over the age of 25. There is a sandy beach right in front of the restaurant so you can enjoy the sunset whilst having a colourful cocktail.
Bacardi Music Café, Petőfi sétány 5. . During the day this terraced place is a cocktail bar and osteria. When the night begins they open the dancefloor in the back and it often ends up in great parties.
- Flört 
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Siófok on Wikivoyage.