5 hotels in this place
Ikaria is an island in the North Aegean Sea and one of the East Aegean Islands. Ikaria is located west of Samos and south of Chios. Its capital is the town of Agios Kirikos. Tourism on Ikaria is unimposing for all and reflects an "Ikarian Balance" between nature, freedom, time, and development. The island will soon become nearly autonomous regarding energy consumption by using almost exclusively "Green Energy". The construction of the Pilot Hybrid Hydro-Electric Plant, the environmentally friendly power production plant using renewable energy sources in Europe, is expected to be completed in 2010 and provide 100% of the electricity in the winter months and 70% in the summer months. The population is about 8,312 (census of 2001), with an area of 660 km². (less...) (more...)
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Armenistis
Ikaria has very attractive beaches.
- Agios Giorgis Beach- a remote sandy beach protected by a cove located at the extreme northern tip of the Island. Access is via an unpaved road from Faros that ends in a footpath where beachgoers must then hike about 20 minutes to the beach.
- Evdilos Beach (Kiparissi)- located just before the city of Evdilos this is a small, quiet sand beach where there are no facilities and you can just go and enjoy the clear water and natural beauty. This beach is often visited by locals.
- Faros Beach- Located in Faros this sandy-pebble beach is a popular weekend getaway that had ideal swimming waters. Along the beach you can find various tervernas, bars/cafes and a small pier. Windsurfing and Kayak rentals and sometimes available on the beach.
Ikaria has multiple museums which house objects from Classical, Hellenistic, Roman, and Byzantine time periods. The museums are free to the public and have various hours. The museums include:
- Archeological Museum of Kampos
- Archeological Museum of Agios Kikirkos
- Folklore Museum of Perdiki
- Folklore Museum of Vrakades
Popular events in Armenistis in the near future
- Hot Mineral Springs, Therma. Approximately 10 minutes East along the coast from Therma is a cove where hot springs can be found in the sea. This can be accessed by a marked path. The start of the path is tricky to find - it can be found by heading up steps which appear to lead to a house. However, "trailblazing" in the direction of the springs will almost certainly lead to the path, which is clearly marked.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Ikaria on Wikivoyage.