133 hotels in this place
Chania is a beautiful port town on the north west coast of Crete, with an atmosphere reflecting its Venetian and Turkish past. Highly livable spot.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Khania
- 'Etz Hayyim Synagogue, Parados Kondylaki, 730 11, Hania, Crete, Hellas (GR) (The synagogue can be reached by walking up Kondylaki Street from the harbour and taking the second turn to the right (please check also the map icon bellow). This street is only about 25 meters long and leads to a cross street with no other exits. On reaching that intersection, the stone wall and entrance to the courtyard of the synagogue are directly in front of you.), ☎ +30 28210 862 86. 10:00 - 18:00. Until 1999 Etz Hayyim was a desecrated house of prayer that remained the sole Jewish monument on the Island of Crete after the destruction of Crete's Jewish community in 1944. Essentially it stood as a monument to the success of the Nazis in obliterating 2300 years of Jewish life on the Island of Crete. Between 1996 and the year of its re-dedication in 1999, the structure was painstakingly restored. The philosophy that directed this work is summed up in the Hebrew Am Israel Hayy:The people of Israel Live'. Today it stands as a vibrant statement of Jewish life, vitality and values, whereas until recently it was still mentioned on the World Monument Fund's list of most endangered sites.
- Samaria gorge is an easy and popular day trip from here.
- The Archaeological Museum of Hania is well worth a visit.
- The village of Maleme, Old national road Chania Kissamos (15 km after Chania town). See the German Cemetery on Kaukales hill at Maleme, the historical airport battlefield, the beach of Gerani where the sea turtle Caretta Caretta is preserved.
Summer season (April to October) is hot and dry with clear skies. Dry hot days are often relieved by a seasonal breeze from the north, Meltemi. Occasional heat waves. Winters are mild with relatively little rain and rare frosts but with a high level of humidity that drops the relative temperature.
- Mpourakis in Kounoupidiana presents delicious traditional cuisine, cooking only with extra virgin olive oil. From Kounoupidiana center take the road on the right go towards Stavros, 100 meters on your right side.
- The Roadhouse Bar & Grill (Mike's Roadhouse), Kounoupidiana, Akrotiri (Go 7km east on Leoforos Venezelos (Main Road) out of Hania towards the Akrotiri Peninsula.), ☎ +30 28210 64072. Everyday 7PM. Mike's Roadhouse is a bar & grill with great cheeseburgers and chili. Mike and Petia speak fluent English, Bulgarian, and German. Pick up a microphone and sing Karaoke. $$.
- Mike's in Maleme, 17 km west from Chania. Home-style cooking .
- Pinaleon in El.Venizelou. Good tavern which serves tasty Cretan cuisine.
- Theo Restaurant, Paparigopoulou & Nikolaou Xilouri, 99 (2 km out of Chania, on Parigoria Hill), ☎ +30 2821093733 / +30 6979151577. 18:30. A new restaurant serving traditional Greek and Cretan dishes. The food is very fresh with very large portions. Their patio seating has fantastic views of the sea and city. 6-12.
- The Well of the Turk, Kallinikou Street 1-3 (Olde Town, historic Turkish district of Splanzia (Rouga Sq)), ☎ +302821054547. Dinner until late. Long before you get tired of standard taverna fare, take a wander into the labyrinth of the old Turkish quarter and discover this delightful place. Owner Jenny's cooking is excellent, thoroughly authentic with undertones of the Levant and the atmosphere is casual and welcoming. The service is efficient without being pushy and the staff seemed to get it right in several languages. The inside room (actually several small rooms) is perfect for cooler evenings; as soon as it gets warm the tables outside are the place to be. A friendly mix of diners of all types and backgrounds. It makes a great change of pace from the harbor scene; coffee and raki under the stars in a pedestrian backstreet straight out of the middle ages. Winner of Gourmet's award for the best ethnic food in Crete for the last two years. Open daily for dinner except Tuesdays. Moderate.
- Gramboussa (Restaurant), Gramboussa Kissamou (Kaliviani). Traditional Cretan cuisine in quiet surroundings. Moderate.
- all year round.&lon=open every evening&zoom=17&layer=O&lang=en&name=Chania Restaurant Kariatis (Old Venetian Harbour), Katechaki Square, Chania (Next to the Arsenali, Old Harbour), ☎ 28210 55600. dinner 6-12. Situated among the beautiful Venetian ruins of Chania old harbour. Open for dinner all year round. 12-30euros.
- only&lon=May - October&zoom=17&layer=O&lang=en&name=Chania Italian Restaurant Zafferano (Platanias, Chania), Platanias - opposite the Minoa Palace Hotel (14km west of Chania situated on the old coast road.), ☎ 28210 38180-1. Dinner 6-12. Very stylish Italian restaurant set on a beautifully decorated, spacious roof piazza overlooking the coastline of Platanias. Fresh seafood, pasta, risotto, succulent fillet steaks and wood-fired oven gourmet pizza all created with premier ingredients from Crete and Italy. Open every evening from May until October for dinner and take-away. 12-30 euros.
- Rent-a-car-Chania.gr, Chania, ☎ +30 6948628996. 24. Car rental company based in Chania Airport offering free delivery and collection service all over Chania Region 24 €.
- Rental Center Crete, Crete, ☎ +30 2810 240120. 24. Rent a car company based in Chania. Stations all over crete will make your oneway rental really easy 22 €.
- Kappa Car Rental, Chania, ☎ +30 28210 60120. 24. Agency of car rental in Platanias Chania Crete Greece. Rent a car in Chania airport and explore the island of Crete.
- Falassarna Rent a Car and Bike, Kissamos, ☎ +30 28220 23440. 24. Cheap Car and Bike Rentals in Kissamos and Falassarna Area. 25 €.
- Crete Rental Station, Platanias, ☎ 6984847446, e-mail: email@example.com. Car rentals available in the prefecture of Chania.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Chania on Wikivoyage.