11 hotels in this place
Aalborg is in North Jutland, Denmark. Its population, as of 2008, is 121,818, making it the fourth largest in Denmark.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Aalborg
- Aalborg Akvavit. Distillery.
- Aalborghus Castle (Aalborghus Slot). A castle and garden from the 16th century.
- Aalborg Tower, Søndre Skovvej 30.
- Aalborg Townhall, Gammel Torv 2, ☎ +45 9931 3131. Built in 1759.
- Aalborg Zoo. Cosy zoo with many "classic" zoo animals such as giraffes, elephants and big cats. The biggest enclosure is the savanna, where several African animals are free-ranging. There is also a big playground and a nice restaurant.
- Art museum (Kunsten).
- Ancient Viking graveyard, Vendilavej 11, Lindholm Høje, Nørresundby, ☎ +45 9931 7440. Apr-Oct 10AM–5PM, Nov-Mar Tu-Su 10AM–4PM. 60 Kr, seniors and students 45 Kr, children below 18 years free.
- Budolfi Church.
- Elbjørn, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Icebreaker now working as a restaurant and culture ship at the Aalborg harbour. It has a restaurant, a bar, glass workshop, and a museum.
- Jens Bangs Stenhus, Østerågade 9. Beautiful renaissance house, built in 1624 by the merchant Jens Bang.
- Jørgen Olufsens House, Østerågade 25. Well preserved renaissance house from 1616 by the merchant Jørgen Olufsen.
- Lille Vildmose (southeast of Aalborg and hard to reach by public transport). The largest raised bog in Western Europe, good wildlife exhibition center with small cafe and restaurant and excellent bird watching.
- Royal Taxhouse, Strandvejen 1. Built in 1902 representing national romantic architecture. In 2005, it was brought back to its original style. Next to the house is a musical fountain, during summer at noon, 3PM, 6PM and 9PM Händel's Water Music accompanise the splashing water.
- Utzon Centre, Slotspladsen 4, ☎ +45 7690 5000, e-mail: email@example.com. Tu-Su 10AM-5PM. A cultural centre exhibiting art, architecture and design. Focuses on Jørgen Utzon's own work and other work somehow related to him. Also has a restaurant. 60 Kr, seniors 40 Kr, students 20 Kr, children under 18 years free, group 40 Kr.
- Atelier Olsson.
- Aalborg Karnival. The biggest carnival in Northern Europe. If you want to have fun with Danish people this is a great opportunity.
- Bicycle. Rent a bicycle and go along the fjord.
- Casino Aalborg, Ved Stranden 16, ☎ +45 9810 1550, fax: +45 9933 7099, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Su–Th 8PM–3AM, F-Sa 8PM–AM. Offer American Roulette, Black Jack, Poker and slot machines. Nice experience, but the atmosphere here is not as chic and international as you might expect. 50 Kr.
- Egholm. Take a ferry to this small island in the fjord.
- Ice-skating, C.W. Obels Square (behind the Student House). 24/7, but only in the winter. Free if you own your own skates, otherwise renting them is 50 DKK.
- Jumboland, Gøteborgvej 33, ☎ +45 9818 8843, e-mail: email@example.com. M-Tu during holiday 10AM-6PM, W-Th, Su 10AM-6PM, F 10AM-7PM, Sa 9AM-7PM. Indoor playground of 2,400 sqm. Does also have a café. 60 Kr, children 18 months-15 years 80 Kr.
- Open Swimming Pool (Friluftsbad), Skydebanevej 14. Free.
There are several restaurants in Jomfru Ane Gade (Jomfru Ane street). In the city there are around 300 restaurants.
- Fontænen: has the cheapest hot dogs in town, low budget fast food, what you need after a night out.
- 1000fryd. an alternative bar, vegan dinner on Tuesdays for 20dk. You have to sign up before.
- KN Pizza & Kebab 2. a small pizza place known for its quality food, but it is not cheap actually quiet the opposite.
- San Giovanni. Good Italian restaurant
- Friends : nice location toward the street junction & have the option to stay out.I eat salmon salad with mixed fruit cocktail juice for 90 dk, but make sure to have Krona since they are not accepting Euro.
- Emiki Pizza : small pizza place & friendly staff I took veggie pizza with Coke for 45dk.
The longest bar street in Scandinavia.
- The Wharf, ☎ +45 98117010. Borgergade 16, has the best beer in town (same owner as Charlies in Copenhagen).
- The Irish House. Østerågade 25, tel: 98141817,
- London Pub, ☎ +45 98117770. Boulevarden 7.
- Jomfru Ane Gade is a short street with 30 restaurants/bars. Drinks are cheap and the bars are open late. You will see signs advertising 10 DKK drinks and 10pm-12pm happy hour.
- Fedtebrødet: a real underground place in Aalborg. Very good music in this hippie bar where local bands play often and where you can always grab a guitar and jam with other costumers. The place is full of "different" people... letus say its the complete opposite of the above-mentioned Jomfru Ane Gade.
- 1000fryd, ☎ +45 98132221. Kattesundet 10, is Aalborg's only bar run by activists. 1000fryd has been around since 1984 when Aalborg's alternative scene bought the place. Now the place is known for their ecological beer, underground music scene and D.I.Y attitude towards life. 1000fryd has two reoccurring festivals, namely their Punk/HC festival and their Queer festival. 
- Student house [www.studenterhuset.dk] right across the Budolfi church hosts international evenings on Wednesdays, as well as various concerts on Fridays. Very informal.
- Behag din smag, Maren Turis Gade 5, ☎ +45 8734 0486. M-F 9AM-6PM, Sa 9:30AM-4:30PM. Coffee, tea and chocolate. If you enjoy good coffee, then this is the spot. One of the owners was the Danish Barista champion of 2007.
- Søgaards Bryghus, C. W. Obels Plads 1, ☎ +45 98 16 11 14. Brew pub, very modern ambiance, with the mash tuns in full view. Offers many styles of beer, including stouts, porters, IPA as well as lagers.
Aalborg is also the home of De Danske Spritfabrikker which produces a great number of distilled beverages. Their most famous product is the Aalborg Taffel Akvavit, colloquially known as a "Rød Aalborg" (Red Aalborg).
Cheapest supermarkets are Netto, Fakta, Aldi, Lidl and Rema 1000. Working hours are 9-20 on weekdays and 8-17 on Saturdays. Aldi is open 10-16 on Sundays.
- Algade and Bispensgade. Main shopping streets. Most shops close at 6PM M-F and 2PM Sa, Su shops are closed unless it is a special Sunday (usually first of the month).
- Medinaen, Reberbansgade, Urbansgade, Holbergsgade and Jens Bangs Gade. Shopping area with a number of unique small shops.
- Salling, Algade. Department store.
- Wet Market, Aagade. Sa, We mornings.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Aalborg on Wikivoyage.