19 hotels in this place
Baku is the capital of Azerbaijan.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Baku
Go see mud volcanoes and petrogyphs in Gobustan. Gobustan is about a 45 minute one-way taxi drive from Baku.
Old Town (Icheri Sheher)
There are a number of interesting sites within Baku's walled fortress, the Old City (a UNESCO World Heritage site), which can all be seen on foot in one day:
- The Palace of the Shirvan Shahs. Daily 10AM-5PM. The medieval palace of the Shirvan Shahs is the highlight of the Old City and a must see for any tourist in Baku. 2AZN.
- Maiden's Tower (Giz Qalasi). Daily 10AM–7PM. This mysterious and eccentric tower was built somewhere between the 7th and 12th centuries and may have served as a fire beacon, defensive fortification, astronomical observatory, or Zoroastrian temple. 0.5AZN.
Outside the city, on the Absheron Peninsula, there are several interesting sites that are easy to reach via taxi or public transportation. Moreover, the scenery along your route is itself a fascinatingly ugly sight to be seen, a desert wasteland with white salt flats and natural oil pools seeping up to the surface.
- Atashgah Fire Temple. You can take the Baku Electric train from the Baku train station to Suraxani station for 10 qapik. (No train service any longer.) Simply walk through the station to the outdoor platforms where a schedule is posted. You can also take Marshrutka 191 from Qara Qarayev metro station or bus number 184 from Azizbeyov metro station. You can pay on board or buy a ticket from a kiosk on the platform. From Suraxani station walk about 100 m (330 ft) and 'you can arrive at the temple Children 0.20AZN, student 0.40AZN, adult 2AZN. If you want to take pictures it costs 2AZN in addition to admission.'
- Yanar Dagh (Take bus 147 from metro station Azadliq Prospekti to its final destination Yanar Dagh). Yanar Dagh is a mountain that has been continuously on fire for one thousand years. The natural gas vents ensure that hot flames roar out of the sides of this hill even when it rains. 2AZN.
Museums and galleries
- Azeri National Costume Museum (Doll Museum), ☎ +994 (12)/ 493 66 85.
- Taghiyev History Museum, Tagiyev St, 4, ☎ +994 (12)/ 493 36 48.
- Latif Karimov Carpet and Applied Arts Museum, Neftchiler Ave, 123 A.
- Home of Jafar Jabbarli, 44, S. Gutgashinli St, ☎ +994 (12)/ 43 84 350.
- Baku Boulevard.
- Nizami (Torgovaya) St and Fountain Sq (Near the Old City). This is a pedestrian street along the center of Baku that has many shopping, dining, and sitting places.
- Dendro Park.
- Oil Rocks. Tourist wanting to see the oil rock complex need to get previous authorization from the State Oil Company of Azerbaijan.
- Magomayev Azerbaijan State Philharmonic Hall, 2, Istiglaliyyat St, ☎ +994 (12)/ 497 29 05. Built in 1912 and inspired by the Monte Carlo Casino. Houses the Azerbaijan State Symphony Orchestra among others.
- AF MALL, is located in the heart of the city just off the Torgovaya on Samed Vurgun St 34, ☎ +994 12 5965506. This brand new mall has many trendy shops, summer lounge with tropic garden and pool on rooftop opening by the end of 2011.
- Park Bulvar Shopping Mall, Along the boulevard, right across Park Inn Hotel. This brand new mall has many trendy shops, a cinema, a planetarium, a bowling alley and many cozy cafes. There are many famous fast food chains located there, such as KFC and Sbarro.
- A weekend in Baku
A curious fact about Baku is that its average year-round temperature (14.2°C/57.6°F) matches the average temperature of the entire landmass of the earth to within a tenth of degree. Summers are hot and humid, winters cool, wet and breezy. However, seasonal temperature excursions are less than in many continental regions at this latitude (about 40 degrees north) owing to the presence of the Caspian Sea.
In the evening, go to the opera at the national opera on Nizami street. Otherwise, go to the rooftop bar at Sultan Inn in the Old City for a drink and excellent views of the Maiden Tower, Caspian sea and the TV tower.
- Boat tours of Baku. Offered from the Baku Blvd. Lasts 40 minutes. 6AZN.
- Go to Pantomima theatre. Offered from the Baku Blvd. Lasts 40 minutes. 6AZN.
- National Opera and Ballet, Nizami St.
- Aqua Park Baku,, Rashid Behbudov, 59, ☎ +994 12 447-03-03.
- Baku Entertainment Center (Bakı Əyləncə Mərkəzi), Khatai District, F. Bayramov St, 1130/33, ☎ +994 012 490-22-22, fax: +994 012 490-22-05, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. Baku Entertainment center has been around for more than half a decade. It has a shopping center, bowling alley certified by AMF, health club, conference venue with a capacity of 350 people, and various restaurants and clubs.
- Hamam Mehellesi. Public Baths (Hamamlar). This is the oldest public bath in Baku located near the Icharishahar metro station, inside the walls of the old city. There are men's and women's days at this public bath, Mondays and Fridays are for women, the rest of the days are for men. Hamam Mehellesi is in the Old Town. From the station, enter the gate to the old city, turn right and go down the street. The hamam will be a few blocks down, on the left side of the street, you will see a note on one of the walls "hamam mehellesi" and a little further - the bath's domes - this will be the place. 1AZN and they offer two types of service, hise (skin peel) for 2AZN and massage for 4AZN.
- Luna Amusement Park, ☎ +994 012 496-48-48. This is a small amusement park for kids and adults.
- Baku Funicular Railroad. You can take this funicular train up to the Alley of the Marytrs. 0.2AZN.
- Teze Bey Hamami. Public Baths (Hamamlar). This public bath is in the old town and is a male only hamam. They have different types of baths (Finnish, Turkish, etc), so it may be a bit pricier than the other public baths in Baku.
- The Spa at Park Hyatt Baku, Park Hyatt Baku Hotel, 1033 Izmir St, ☎ +994 12 490 1234, e-mail: email@example.com.
- AF Beach Club, Novkhani, ☎ 994 12 448-30-30. This complex has 5 swimming pools, fast food, restaurant with cooks from Azerbaijan and Europe, Disco, Game Hall, Wi-Fi, Water Sports, Beach Volley, Beach Football, Entertainments, Professional Animation Team . 80-600.
- Amburan Beach Club, Bilgah, ☎ +994 12 453-86-85, fax: +994 12 453-86-84, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. This complex has a 3 swimming pool, fast food outlets, restaurant with cooks from Azerbaijan and Europe, Disco, Game Hall, Wi-Fi, Water Sports, Beach Volley, Beach Football, Entertainments, Professional Animation Team .
There are a couple of beaches including Shikhov Beach, but they are polluted by sewage and industrial waste. Outside the city, however, there are a few very nice sandy beaches on the Caspian. In particular Bilgəh and Amburan beaches, on the north coast of the Absheron Peninsula are great spots to cool off from heat.
- Baku Jazz Festival, ☎ +994 012 437-55-33, e-mail: email@example.com. Organised by famous saxophonist and Baku resident Rain Sultanov to showcase Azerbaijan's love of Jazz which grew during the Soviet era when it was banned by the authorities. Features acts from around the world, the annual festival lasts for a week, and will run from 7-14 Jun (in 2007). Tickets can be purchased from Baku Jazz Center, 19 Rashid Behbudov St or by phone.
There are a great deal of restaurants in Baku.
- Half Way Inn, 6, 28 May St, ☎ +994 012 598-09-05. International Cuisine 5-10AZN.
- L’aparte, 51, Istigaliyyet St, ☎ +994 012 497-77-79. European and Azeri Cuisine 6-10AZN.
- Lebanese, 12, Z. Taguyev St, ☎ +994 012 493-78-49. Lebanese Cuisine located on fountain square 4-8AZN.
- Onassis, 3, Inshaatchilar Ave, ☎ +994 012 439-17-34. Greek and International Cuisine 2-7AZN.
- U Dali, 5, M. Ibragimov St, ☎ +994 012 494-93-56. Georgian Cuisine 3-6AZN.
- Anadolu, Pushkin St 5 & Rasul Rza St 3/5, ☎ +994 012 498-87-58. Turkish/European Restaurant/Catering. 8-15AZN.
- Bəh Bəh, 20 Shihaliyev St, ☎ +994 012 496-18-10.
- Izmir Garden Restaurant, 5 Izmir St, ☎ +994 012 436-93-73, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jennet Baghi, 82, Acad, Hasan Aliyeve St, ☎ +994 012 449-91-98.
- Karvan Saray, 1 Gala St, Ichiri Sheher, ☎ +994 012 456-62-33. Have Azeri food dinner in a unique ambience
- Lido, Cnr of Nkhchivani St, ☎ +994 012 462-94-49. European and Azeri Cuisine.
- Masal, Khagani St.
- Mugam Club, 9 A. Rzayeva St, ☎ +994 012 492-40-85. European and Azeri Cuisine 10-15AZN.
- Namli Kebab, Targoviy Centre, Gogul St (close to Russian Dramatic Theatre and Austin Hotel), ☎ +994 50 201-44-45. European and Azeri Cuisine 10-15AZN.
- Respublika Luks, 24 Khagani St, ☎ +994 012 598-10-56. European and Azeri Cuisine 2-15AZN.
- XVII esr, 215 B. Safaroglu St, ☎ +994 012 598-17-00. Club-Restaurant. 8-15AZN.
- Dukhan, 81/13 Nizami St, ☎ +994 012 598-22-29. Georgian Cuisine.
- Georgian Home, 215 Bashir Safaroglu St & 18 Mirza Irahimov St, ☎ +994 012 493-85-36 & +994 012 493-43-85, e-mail: email@example.com. Georgian Cuisine.
- Khutor, 9 M. Mukhtarov St, ☎ +994 012 437-22-23. Ukrainian Cuisine 8-15AZN.
- Maksim, 4/3 Gala St (Old City), ☎ +994 012 492-20-45. Georgian Cuisine. 5-20AZN.
- Rasputin, 9 A. Aliyev St, ☎ +994 050-355-57-71. Russian Cuisine. 5-20AZN.
Sultan Inn rooftop or Meridien hotel rooftop restaurants for European/fusion with excellent views) or head back to the Fountain Square for greater variety of inexpensive cuisine.
- Caviar, 1025/30 Tbilisi Ave, ☎ +994 012 490-70-90. International Cuisine.
- Corleone, 40 Khagani St, ☎ +994 012 498-82-46. Italian Cuisine.
- Ego’s, 19/13 Khagani St, ☎ +994 012 493-11-01. European Cuisine. 8-15AZN.
- Gazelli Evi, 93 Nizami St, ☎ +994 012 493-96-88. International Cuisine. 5-16AZN.
- Dolce Vita, 9 Aziz Aliyev St, ☎ +994 012 492-75-72.. Italian Restaurant.
- Grand Hotel Europe, 1025/30 Tbilisi Ave, ☎ +994 012 490-70-90, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. International Cuisine.
- Greasy Barney’s, G. Abbasov 72, Apt 1A, ☎ +994 012 491-23-63. Sandwich Shop.
- Le Mirage, 34 Nizami St, ☎ +994 050-622-05-90. European Cuisine. Nightclub.
- Cafe City, Rashid Behbudov St (St closest to the L side of Park Bulvar, close to Sahil Bagi and Central Public Library). Mixed Cuisine Cafe.
- Le R Restaurant, 123/6 Remontov St, ☎ +994 012-437-21-80. European Cuisine.
- Mexicana, 17 Z. Tagiyev St, ☎ +994 012 498-90-96. 6-14AZN.
- München, 125 Nizami St, ☎ +994 012 493-76-00. German cuisine. Large selection of draft beer.
- Nara, 4 Aziz Aliyev St, ☎ +994 012 497-12-55. French Cuisine.
- Park Inn's Glory, 1 Azadlig Ave, ☎ +994 012 490-00-01. European Cuisine. 8-18AZN.
- Pauza, 28 May St, ☎ +994 012 493-70-03. International Cuisine. 5-15AZN.
- Pizza Holiday, 119 Lermontov Kuchasi (Near Baku Soviet), ☎ +994 012 497-37-72. Pizza and Italian Cuisine. 5-15AZN.
- Soho, 6 R. Aliyarbekov St, ☎ +994 050-319-38-19. International Cuisine.
- The Red Lion Inn, 7 Mammadaliyev St, ☎ +994 012 493-03-54. English Cuisine. 6-16AZN.
- Universal Club, 16 Z. Tagiyev St, ☎ +994 012 493-29-12. International Cuisine.
- Buddha, 2 A.Z. Tagiyev St, ☎ +994 012 493-10-05. Fusion Cuisine. 6-12AZN.
- Maharaja, 131 Akivsat Gykuyev St, ☎ +994 012 494-63-00. Indian Cuisine. 8-15AZN.
- Taj Mahal, 18 Khagani St, ☎ +994 012 498-03-62. Indian Cuisine. 3-14AZN.
- Chinar, 1 Shovket Alekperova St, ☎ +994 012 492-08-88. Pan-Asian cuisine, modern tea house and late night cocktail bar. 20-70AZN.
- House of Sultans, Icheri Sheher Boyuk Gala #20, ☎ +994 012 437-23-06. International and Azeri Cuisine.
- Mezzo, Bakikhanov St (in Hyatt Hotel), ☎ +994 012 496-12-34. Mediterranean Cuisine. 20-70AZN.
- Shanghai, 31 Rasul Rza St, ☎ +994 012 495-45-10. Chinese fare. 3-25AZN.
- Terrace Garden, 20 Boyuk Gala (Icheri Sheher (Old Town)), ☎ +994 012 437-23-05 (ext 10). European and Azeri Cuisine. 7-26AZN.
- The Brewery, 28 Istiglaliyyet St, ☎ +994 012 497-14-00. European Restaurant, in a vaulted basement setting: also a brew pub, with European-style beers. 8-20AZN.
- Toscana, 12 Basti Bagirova St, Kermur Plz, ☎ +994 012 436-80-47. Italian Cuisine. 4-20AZN.
Tea Houses (Çayxanalar)
There are many outdoor tea houses (çayxanalar) that serve tea and sweets to people in their own individual nooks. Going to them can be a great way to get a sense of the local culture. If you are adventurous, try challenging a local Bakuvian to a game of backgammon (nard) or dominoes.
There is a good selection of cafés dispersed throughout Baku. Expect to pay Western prices for your coffee.
- Aroma Cafe, 18, U. Hajibayov St, ☎ +994 012-598-07-07.
- Azza Cafe, 1, I. Safarli St/Fountains Sq, ☎ +994 12 437 0111, e-mail: email@example.com. 12-23.
- Baku Roasting Company (Near Ramstore in Elmlar). 9AM-9PM daily, except M. 2.5-7AZN.
- Cafe Caramel, 7, Alizade St, ☎ +994 012-498-93-53, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 11AM-11PM. 4-10AZN.
- Chocolate, 21, Boyukgala St/4 Mamedaliyev St, ☎ +994 012-492-35-26.
- Cottage Café (opposite Villa Petrolea), ☎ +994 012-497-48-30.
- Gourmet Shop, 5, Mardanov Gardashlari St, ☎ +994 012-49-12-34.
Bars and pubs
Although tea houses (çay xanalar) (found throughout Azerbaijan) serve local beer (piva) - draft at 50 qapick/glass or bottles at 70 qapick/bottle or vodka (araq) at 2AZN/bottle, for anything exotic (e.g. tequila, gin, or rum), you will have to go to a normal bar or hotel and pay Western prices there.
- Adam's Sports Bar, 6 Alizade St, ☎ Bonny: +994 50-346-0433. it closed, go to castle if you want a sports bar
- Beluga Bar, Bakikhanov St (in Hyatt Hotel), ☎ +994 012-496-12-34.
- Britannia Pub, Bakikhanov St (in Hyatt Hotel), ☎ +994 012-496-12-34.
- Caspian Bar, 1025/30, Tbilisi Ave, ☎ +994 012-490-70-90.
- The Corner Bar, 77, Nizami St (cnr of the R. Rza and Tolstoy Sts).
- Finnegan’s, 4, A. Aliyev St, ☎ +994 012-498-98-57. Next to History Museum. Free wifi. Good beer prices and Happy Hour offers. Ridiculously expensive wine,however.
- Golden Ridges Pub, 5, Mardanov Gardashlari St, ☎ +994 012-493-17-72.
- Hampstead, 12, Basti Bagirova St, ☎ +994 012-436-79-81.
- Park Inn's Victor’s Bar, 1, Azadlig St, ☎ +994 012-490-60-00.
- Pub Viking, 49, Bul-bul St, ☎ +994 012-499-18-86.
- Queen’s Head, 95, Neftchilar St, ☎ +994 050-368-77-33.
- Tequila Junction, Next to ISR Plz, ☎ +994 012-498-43-32.
- Tiger Bar, 19, Mamed Aliyv St, ☎ +994 012-598-41-21.
- The Phoenix Bar, 10, Mammadaliyev St, ☎ +994 012-305-90-90.
- Tj’s Pub, 9, Aliyarbekov St, ☎ +994 012-498-46-21.
- Caledonia Bar, 38, Rasul Rza, ☎ +994 012-494-28-53, e-mail: dave@Caledoniabar.Com. 9:30AM-late. Offers a familiar pub atmosphere with photos and memorabilia from Scotland. Screens for watching sporting events.
- Caravan Jazz Club, 4 Aliyev St, ☎ +994 012 97-11-39. You might not expect it, but Baku has a great jazz tradition of its own and this is the place to go. No entrance fee and has a free, western-style toilet.
- Room 103, 103 Neftiçilər Prospekti, ☎ +994 012 92-65-03. An upscale cocktail bar with nightly live jazz.
- Antiques from Old City (İçəri Şəhər)
- Apples from Quba
- Tea and Talish Stockings from Lankaran
- Halva from Sheki
- Traditional dolls created by ladies' groups in Barda
- Bankomats (ATMs) are available all around the city, mainly in downtown and metro stations exits. If you have a cell phone with either a Bakcell or Azercell sim card, you can recharge your account balance using various ATMs. The International Bank of Azerbaijan has a list  of their ATMs in Baku. Some of them have Euros and US Dollars available.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Baku on Wikivoyage.