Andorra la Vella
15 hotels in this place
Andorra la Vella is the capital of Andorra. At an altitude of 1023m it is the only European capital to be located over 1 km above the sea level, and consequentially Europe's highest located capital.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Andorra la Vella
- Church of Sant Esteve. July to August: daily, 10.00-13.00 & 15.00-19.00. Dated from the 12th century. It is in the old part of the Andorra la Vella. Free-guided tour. The rest of the year only at mass hours.
- Church of Sant Andreu, Sant Andreu St., ☎ +376 827 117. Mon to Sat.. Romanesque church dated from the 12th century. It is obligatory to reserve by phone.
- Casa de la Vall. Mon to Sat 09.30-13.00 & 15.00-19.00 Sundays (from May to October) from 10 to 14h. The seat of the Consell General (Andorran Parliament). Dating from the 16th century. Free-guided tour.
- Bridge of la Margineda, Santa Coloma. This bridge dates from medieval times but is still in perfect condition. Nearby there is a metallic sculpture made by the Valencian sculptor Andreu Alfaro.
- Rec del Solà and Rec de l’Obac. Paved ways with handrails illuminated in the night. They are 2,5 km long. Starting point: Col·legi Sant Ermengol road and Tarragona avenue, respectively.
- The town square. This is a surprisingly peaceful place with a panoramic view of the Valley of Andorra.
- Parliament building and old town. The parliament building is a relatively modern building and you can walk around up the hill behind it and go onto the roof where there is a type of mini park. On a nice day, there is a great view out over the valley across and looking South towards Santa Coloma. From here you can head back up the hill slightly to the right and visit the old church of St Esteve. Behind it, is an interesting little area filled with narrow streets which is clearly the original location of the settlement.
- Park Central. Open clock 6-24. Park with small pond.
Popular events in Andorra la Vella in the near future
About Andorra la Vella
- Caldea, ☎ +376 800 999. You can visit the spa / sauna / swimming complex Caldea. It is located at the top of the town in the large glass spire structure.
There are a number of reasonably priced restaurants, although many of them tend to be Italian food of pizza and pasta. Gourmets will naturally find good addresses with the prices to go with them. Beware!!!! You find almost nothing open after 10:30p.m. so plan ahead! El Vesuvio in nearby La Massana serves Italian and Moroccan food until 12am.
Drink and spirits especially are very good value in the supermarkets. Especially at the Hiper Andorra.
The best bargains can be got in electronic goods and jewelry. High cost items tend to be cheaper than anywhere else because of the low tax.
The great thing about the electronic goods like digital cameras is that there are a huge range of shops and a huge stock range, so you really get to see all the different makes and models.
Some of the larger shops seem to stock a lot of brand label clothing. Don't miss out on the Via Moda Group.... especially during sales.
There are loads of ski gear shops. The best advice is to shop around.
- Pyrenees, Avinguda Meritxell 11. Department store with several floors. There are various family friendly restaurants, a large electronic goods floor, designer label floors, and a supermarket notable for interesting Andorran and Spanish specialty foods and red wines.
- Andorra 2000, Avinguda Tarragona 26. Supermarket sells electronic, clothes and food.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Andorra La Vella on Wikivoyage.