9 hotels in this place
Castries is the capital city of Saint Lucia. Founded by the French in 1650, Castries now has a population of just over 11,000. Of itself, Castries doesn't have a huge amount to offer visitors, and it's usually just a place that you'll pass through on your way to the more obvious attractions of Saint Lucia. Even though Castries doesn't have much to offer, you can usually find a fair number of tourists wandering about the place, as the cruise ships that visit Saint Lucia dock at Pointe Seraphine, in the northern part of the city. (less...) (more...)
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Castries
- Fond Bay Suites, Fond Bay Drive Escap (Castries Highway/Escap (north of Micoud)), ☎ 758 714-1177. Located on the east coast overlooking Fond Bay. Luxury villa and suites, vacation accommodation.
- Derek Walcott Square (Columbus Square)
- Morne Fortune with Fort Charlotte
- wander around the lively local market on Jeremie Street.
- visit the viewing point over the harbour, at Morne Fortune, just below Government House.
- relax in Derek Walcott Square.
- top up your suntan on Vigie beach.
There are cheap local eatries in a small alley that runs alongside the market and down to Jeremie Street.
A friendly and cheap cafe selling local food is on the first floor of a building on Derek Walcott square.
There are duty free shops in Pointe Seraphine, where the cruise ships dock, and also in La Place Carenage mall on Jeremie Street.
For more local goods, the busy market on Jeremie Street is worth a visit.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Castries on Wikivoyage.