0 hotels in this place
Arecibo is a municipality on the north coast of Puerto Rico, best known for its giant radio telescope.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Arecibo
- Arecibo Observatory (approximately ten miles south of town), ☎ 878-2612. W-F 9AM-4PM, and most holidays. On a mountainous and somewhat isolated (but fairly well signposted) road, the Arecibo Observatory is home to the world's largest radio telescope, operated by SRI International, USRA and UMET, under a cooperative agreement with the National Science Foundation. The visitor's center is decent with working bilingual exhibits. There are no tours of the telescope itself, however you can view the telescope from a platform and view a free informative video. Bring an umbrella, in case of rain. Also be sure to have comfortable walking shoes for the 500 steps up the mountain. Don't let the 500 steps up the mountain put you off if you have a disability etc. - if you are unable to walk that distance, you can get a ride up (and down) with a security guard on request. Adults $10, children and seniors $6.
- Rio Camuy Cave Park. Nestled in the forests south of Arecibo is the Rio Camuy Cave Park. This is one of the largest cave systems in the world. Bring your lunch with you as there is a wait, but it is well worth it. Wear shoes with grip because the cave is damp and slippery. Watch out for guano
- Arecibo Lighthouse and historical Park
The Arecibo Lighthouse and Historical Park is a cultural theme park located in the surrounding area of the Arecibo Lighthouse. It has an innovative and unique concept that includes among other things five cultural representations of the Puerto Rico's history, which transports all of our visitors through historical and cultural events from the Spanish Conquest of 1493 to the 1898 when this lighthouse was built and the Spanish-American war occurred.
In the restored lighthouse you will find original marine artifacts, and from the roof a breathtaking view of the Arecibo Town and the Atlantic Ocean, and if are lucky, whale watching while in season.
Horarios / Business Hours 9:00 am - 6:00 pm (Monday to Friday) 10:00 am - 7:00 pm (Saturday and Sunday) Open on holidays, during regular business hours)
Entrance Fee $12.00 (Adults 13-64 years old) $10.00 (Children 2-12 years old)(Seniors 65+)
Parking Fee $3.00 (per car)</see>
- Salitre Meson Costero, Highway 681, Km 3.8, ☎ 787-816-2020. Seaside restaurant with views of the lighthouse, specializing in fresh seafood cooked to order. Indoor and outdoor seating. $15-30.
- Salpicon Bar & Restaurant, Rd #681 Km 13.7, ☎ 939-940-9766. 12-10pm. Ocean views while enjoying a Piña Colada, also has an casual elegant dining room - The Fried Red Snapper is reported to be good. 10-25.
Plaza del Atlantico Ave Miramar (PR 2) @ Ave San Daniel Arecibo, Puerto Rico 00612
LATITUDE: 18.4786 LONGITUDE: -66.7571
Plaza del Atlántico is a 224,908 sf retail property located in Arecibo County at Ave Miramar (PR 2) at Ave San Daniel in Arecibo, PR. It have stores like , Big Kmart, Anna's Linnens, Capri and Radio Shack.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Arecibo on Wikivoyage.