30 hotels in this place
Ocho Rios is on the northeastern shore of Jamaica. Commonly referred to as Ochi it is a popular destination for cruise ships and tourists alike. It features a bulk of resorts and tourist attractions. There are many conveniences, such as supermarkets and restaurants.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Ocho Rios
- Shaw Park Botanical Gardens
- Coyaba River Garden and Museum
- James Bond beach, which is close to what was the home of his creator, Ian Fleming.
About Ocho Rios
There are many different adventure-type activities from rafting to zip-lining.
- Dolphin Cove, Highway A3, ☎ +1 876-974-5335 or +1 876-795-0484. Daily 8:30AM-5:30PM. Dolphin encounters and swims. US$129 to swim with one, US$195 to swim with three for 30min. US$50 entrance.
- Dunn's River Falls, Highway A3 (5 km from Ocho Rios). Climbing these waterfalls in a human chain is one of Jamaica's most famous attractions. The series of waterfalls span about 900 feet and the park includes a private beach as well as a cafe and craft shops. Park admission US$20 or $12 for children 11 years of age or under. There are lockers available, but they aren't safe.
- Chukka Cove Adventures.
- Calypso Rafting (Route taxi from the clock-tower up exchange road). A small business set up a little ways up the White River. They have personal inner tubes down the river for US$25 and bamboo rafts for US$55 per 2-person raft. They can also supposedly do jet ski rentals for US$70 each. No credit cards, cash/travelers check only.
- Rainforest Adventures Mystic Mountain (Take a route taxi towards St Ann's Bay ~J$150), ☎ US: +1 866 759 8720, JM: +1-876-974-3990, e-mail: email@example.com. 11AM-4PM. . A small amusement park 2km west of Ochi, which is a popular cruise ship activity so come early or avoid on cruise ship days. The chairlift (sky lift explorer) is US$46.20. The lift with ziplining is US$114.40. The lift with a Jamaican 'bobsled' (roller coaster for US$68.20. All 3 for US$137.50. The ziplining includes 5 ziplines and a 100ft abseil drop. There is a waterslide, small pool, restaurant and viewing tower at the top. Website says park opens at 9AM which is false. US$46-138.
- Steamed fish at the Fishermen's Beach in Ocho Rios.
- Passage to India. Great Indian food.
- Toscanini's. The best Italian/Caribbean food.
- John Crows. Modern Bar and Food at very reasonable prices with excellent service.
- Margaritaville. Beach, themed bar and waterslide. Drinks are expensive when compared to other local bars. Beach party and club nights a regular event.
- Hard Rock Café.
- Ocean's Eleven. Beachfront bar with special event nights (Thursday is Latin night!).
- Harmony Hall, ☎ +1 876 974 2870. Tower Isle. Genuine Jamaica artwork and handicraft in an exquisite Victorian gingerbread house outside Ocho Rios.
- United Supermarket, downtown, offers virtually all basic grocery items needed for self-catering.
- Crafts, Ocho Rios has 7 craft markets namely: Ocho Rios craft market (across from Sonis Plaza), Coconut Grove, Dunn's River Falls, Fern Gully, Swansea, Pineapple Place, and Olde Market .
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Ocho Rios on Wikivoyage.