3 hotels in this place
Hillsborough is the main town on Carriacou in Grenada. Although there are no luxury hotels, there are guesthouses, the locals are friendly, rates are cheap and the beaches are uncrowded and beautiful. It is home to the annual Regatta festival and Carnival celebration.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Hillsborough
- Carriacou Museum - a tiny museum with Arawak and Carib artifacts, maps, post cards, and arts.
- Botanical Gardens Along a quiet back street, these gardens showcase some beautiful specimens of tropical plants.
- The beach, which extends west and east, is pretty pleasant.
Popular events in Hillsborough in the near future
- Carnival The weekend before Ash Wednesday, through Tuesday. A calypso competition called Dimarche Gras on Sunday night. Parade of the bands on Monday. Shakespeare recitation matches interspersed with rum drinking on Tuesday morning.
- Carriacou Regatta. Usually the first weekend in August. Begun in the mid 1960s as a simple working boat race, this has become a major Caribbean event, with shore side activities such as donkey-racing, walking the greasy-pole, a bicycle-race, drinking competitions, the Miss Aquaval pageant and evening-entertainment.
- No tennis, shopping, gambling, golf, movies.
Several restaurants are available. Maybe someone will list some of the better ones.
Hillsborough has several general stores, and the only gas station on the island of Carriacou. There are 3 banks, the post office, customs agent, and a couple of lawyers' offices, as well as the GrenTel (Grenada Telephone system) office, should you need to call home.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Hillsborough (Grenada) on Wikivoyage.