3 hotels in this place
San Miguel is the third largest city in El Salvador and center of agriculture and production. It is less cosmopolitan than the capital San Salvador in the West but the surrounding areas of San Miguel are very beautiful with many beaches around the city. The weather is amazing, very warm and subtle and so the "Wild East" offers tourists the opportunity to get off the beaten path and see an authentic El Salvador
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in San Miguel
- San Miguel Volcano is a stratovolcano and one of the most active in the country.
- Downtown San Miguel Av. Roosevelt is the place to find the Metrecentro Mall, bars and nightclubs which also hosts the biggest carnical in Central America in November
- El Cuco is a quintessential beach with dark sands, lined with vendor huts and seafood restaurants and shaggy palms
- Playa Las Flores is next to El Cuco and is regarded as one of the best surf spots in all of El salvador
- Playa El Esteron is located on the other side of El Cuco and is one of the most beautiful and secluded beaches in all of El Salvador
- Intipuca Beach is next to Playa Esterone and is famous for El Salvador's first microbrewery and where the river joins the ocean is hugely popular for stand up paddleboarding.
Popular events in San Miguel in the near future
About San Miguel
- Surfing in Playa Las Flores, one of the best surf spots in El Salvador
- Stand Up Paddleboarding at the famous Intipuca Beach
- Boat trips around the islands
- Water skiing, Tubing, Wake boarding, Para sailing, Jet skiing in Playa El Esteron, one of the most beautiful beaches in El Salvador
- Kayaking through the mangroves
- Volcano hiking up Chaparrastique - One of the most active volcanoes in El Salvador
- Waterfalls and hot springs
- Nature hikes and lake tours to Isla de Olomega on Lake Olomega
San Miguel, like any other modern city, has a lot options, either fast food restaurants or, for sit down restaurants there are a few options in Metrocentro.
You can find the best sea food in central america fresh from the coast of San Miguel at El Cuco, Playa Esteron, Intipuca Beach and Playa Las Flores.
For nightlife you can head to Ave. Roosevelt in San Miguel which has numerous bars and clubs open until the early hours of the morning and is also host to the biggest carnival in Central America in November.
Intipuca Beach is home to the first microbrewery in El Salvador and offers an array of hand-craft beers by the beach.
Since 2004, San Miguel has doubled its size, which made the city invest in malls around the modern areas of San Miguel. Metrocentro is one of the newest mall in San Miguel. Now the city has 2 malls and many other plazas in the important areas.
On the coast there is also an artisans village in Intipuca Beach where can you can purchase an array of arts and crafts
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article San Miguel (El Salvador) on Wikivoyage.