8 hotels in this place
Liberia is the capital city of the Guanacaste province of Costa Rica. It is located about 220 km (138 mi) Northwest San Jose.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Liberia
- Rincon de la Vieja National Park, Curubande, Liberia, Guanacaste (Liberia, head 5 km north (La Cruz) and turn right for 17 km.). Lots of volcanic activity, trails, waterfalls, plenty of wild life to see. Admission $10 per person. Closed on Mondays.
- Adventure Tours (600 metersabove sea level), Rincon de la Vieja National park (From Liberia take route #1, 5km north, turn left at the Rincon de la Vieja and Curubande Signal 17 km.), ☎ +506-2665-2613. 8AM to 6PM. Adventure Tours operates one day tours in Rincon de la Vieja National Park area, from zip lines, to white water tubing, horseback rides, hot springs, volcanic mud springs, hikes to the crater. Transportation from Liberia and the beach area is provided at extra cost. starts at $25.
- Simbiosis Spa (600), Rincon de la Vieja. Volcanic Mud Springs with Spa service. Pools with volcanic mud water for bathing, mud springs for mud treatment.
At Rio Negro Hot springs pools with spring water along side Rio Negro are used for bathing. The temperature of the water ranges from 36ºC to 40ºC. Massage service is offered. Admission to the both Hot Springs and Mud Springs is $25.
- Water Slide at BuenaVista (Rincon de La vieja), Rincon de la Vieja National park directions=In Liberia, from Burger King 13 kilometers on the Interamericana road, towards Peñas Blancas, until you get to the entrance of Cañas Dulces, ☎ 506-2665-7759. 8AM - 5PM. Enjoy this totally refreshing experience with your family sliding down the longest mountain water slide; 400 meters of pure adventure and excitement in the middle of the Tropical Forest. This is done with all the necessary security equipment. It is really fun $15.
There are several different options of restaurants in the area. From American food such as Burger King, Church's, Papa John's, Subway, and Pizza Hut to local food restaurants like Guanaburger. There are lots of "sodas" (small local restaurants) around Liberia Downtown that serve Costa Rican food. Also, several bakeries like Musmanni, Panaderia Alemana (German Barkery) among others.
- Kuru is the only nightclub. A little bit dingy but very popular with the local Ticos. Goes on until everyone leaves at the weekend.
- LIB is a second story bar in the Plaza Santa Rosa. Modern design and sometimes modern music.
- Casa Pueblo on the Calle Real is popular with students. Relaxed atmosphere, funky decor and western indie and rock music.
- Elements, Calle 3 between Avenidas 3 and 5. The trendiest bar in town. Theme based in the four elements. 2 Bars, restaurant area, 1 lounge and 1 VIP area. Very popular among the staff of the Four Seasons resort, tourists and local crowd. Excellent service. Happy tunes.
- Bar de Luna is popularly known as a gay bar, next to the the Best Western and across the street from Kuru. It is popular with locals and visitors because it is open until sunrise and plays great dance music. Also has a reputation with drug users, so be careful.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Liberia (Costa Rica) on Wikivoyage.