40 hotels in this place
Jacó is one of the two largest tourist towns on the Central Pacific Coast of Costa Rica.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Jaco
Jaco is fairly small, and it's easy to see the entire town in one day. But you can also just as easily take your time and spend several days exploring, shopping, going to the beach, surfing, dining out, going to bars, and taking tours in the Jaco area. If you have a rental car, a drive along the Western Costa, along the Costanera is very beautiful, and offers many opportunities to stop, take pictures, or find private, secluded beaches. Manuel Antonio, one of Costa Rica's National Parks, is an hour drive from Jaco, and is nearly a straight shot South along the Costanera highway.
Popular events in Jaco in the near future
Jaco is not very big, but there are plenty of things to do there. Surfing and Boogie Boarding are extremely popular, and it's fairly inexpensive to rent a board for the day. Jaco is known for being one of the best beginner surf spots in Costa Rica for the beach breaks (sand bottom) and good waves during high tides . There are lots of surf camps and surf schools in the area, make sure you choose one that is credible and especially certified to guarantee quality. There are also many shops along Jaco's main street that offer surfboard/boogie board rentals. Laying out on the beach and swimming are nice. The beach is beautiful, however the black sand at midday is scorching hot. There are some fantastic restaurants in Jaco, including some excellent Sodas, the local traditional restaurant. At night there are numerous clubs and bars that stay open late.
- Del Mar Surf Camp. Surf Camp and yoga retreat owned and operated by local Costa Rican surfer, Maria Del Mar. Premiere and certified surf camp featuring surf lessons, surf coaching, surf tours, private surf lessons, family surf lessons day packages and surf camps including all inclusive surf packages, women's surf and yoga camps and surf and detox retreats. Locally certified Costa Rican school with ISA, CPR, First Aid and Water Rescue with no more than two students per instructor.
- Del Mar Extreme. Fitness vacations and sport adventure tours including stand up paddling, stand up paddle surf lessons, mountain biking tours and beachfront fitness classes (yoga, boxing, pilates, TRX, beach boot camp, circuit training, butts and guts and capoeira).
- Vista Guapa Surf Camp. Stand up paddle and surf lessons for beginners and experienced surfers, individuals and groups. The camp has its own accommodation in comfortable a/c bungalows with great ocean view. Also offers adventure tours including mountain bike, yoga classes and packages with trips to National Parks. It is run by Alvaro Solano, seven times National Surf Champion and current champion of Masters category.
Jaco has many great restaurants to choose from :
- Izaga Bar-Restaurant, Located on the entrance street across The Beattle Bar, this is the most typical-local food place besides Rustico, they have a great offer of seafood combined with casados and bar snacks. Also there are different offers in food and drinks per day for different menu, perfect place to watch soccer games due to its populatiry among forgeins and locals. Definitely the best overall food and tastes at the best price!.
- Los Amigos. Sports Bar and Grill, Located on Calle Pastor Diaz in the center of town across from POP's, Open from 11am - 11pm 365 days a year. With six flatscreen TV's and three large screen projectors, great place to catch all the games. Great meals like USDA burgers, fine steaks and seafoods, traditional Thai dishes or sample the largest beer selection in Jaco.
- Lemon Zest, Straight from the shores of Miami, Lemon Zest restaurant offeres the best fine dining cuisine in Jaco Beach. Ask your server for the nightly food specials, the best duck in Costa Rica!
- Sunrise Breakfast, The place for large American-style breakfast.
- Rustico, Located down the street from Yummy's chicken, it is the neighborhoods most popular "casado" place with buffet style, ready to order food. Amazing value and best deal in town. All locals come here for the quality. Average $4 for a casado and drink.
- La Hacienda, Great sandwiches, steaks and burgers.
- El Bohio, For a more elegant meal with seafood on the beach, a person can easily spend an entire afternoon in its shady beachside bar, sipping ice cold $3 beers.
- Pacho Villas, The best option for Mexican food.
- Wahoo´s Seafood Saloon, Serves breakfast all day from about $3 and has fantastic seafood and steaks
- Jacos Tacos', Also a favorite, and is open 24 hours a day, serving up traditional Mexican food, including, of course, tacos, enchiladas, chimichangas. Check their sign out front for $5 specials. Breakfast is actually fantastic, try the chorizon and eggs, they serve it up with a side of potatos and fresh, handmade tortillas !
- Tsunami Sushi, The place for sushi, in central Jaco with daily deals. Everyone's favorite night, Wednesdays from 6-9 PM, half off most of the sushi rolls on menu.
The average price of a sit-down meal ranges from $7 to $10 USD. Sodas, the traditional Costa Rican restaurants, are becoming fewer and far between, but if you can find them, the price is around $5 with a pop.
- Surf Dogs Bar & Restaurant (Jaco restaurant), Jaco, putarenas (In front of Budget rent a car and Mandarina), ☎ (506)2643-3230, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 11:00am to 2:00am. Jaco restaurants Costa Rica find here discounts✓information✓good prices✓ Call us today: (506)2643-3230, we are Surf Dogs Located in Jaco Beach Costa Rica, with more than 5 years in town. If you are looking for a place to eat in Jaco, we are one of the best choices, our restaurant has a lot of good option, with local and international food, if you come to Jaco Beach, and you can stop by our restaurants and try all our plates $10.
Jaco is loaded all varieties of night-life entertainment. The average cost of a beer is $2 USD.
- Club Vibe, Open 12-all night, The official afterparty of Jaco Beach. Featuring the largest dance floor in town, guest DJs every weekend, nightly drink specials.
- Monkey Bar, The place to start your party. Spinning great music all night long, nightly drink specials open 9:00-2:30am!
- The Beatle Bar, looks quite welcoming from the outside, is actually where most of the city's prostitutes spend their time.
Other bars in town include,Pancho Villa, and The Backyard Bar, located just South of Jaco in Playa Hermosa. Many of the local restaurants are excellent spots to sit down and have a cocktail as well. The Beatle Bar, however, is notorious for prostitution (so it has that going for it). For late nights, Monkey bar is open until 2:30, Club Vibe goes all night until 6am! Most restaurants serve alcohol, but when the kitchen closes so does the bar; after that only clubs that are open for alcohol consumption are Monkey Bar, Beatle Bar, and Club Vibe. You can purchase liter-sized bottles of Imperial (the local brew) for $2 at grocery or liquor stores.
- Los Amigos Sportsbar & Grill (Los Amigos), Jaco Central across from Pops (dead smack in the center of town at Pastor Diaz & Calle Pops), ☎ 011-506-2643-2961. 11am - 1am. Located in Playa Jaco, Costa Rica…Smack Dab in the center of downtown Jaco. Los Amigo’s proudly offers a non smoking air conditioned dining and drinking experience as well as open air outdoor seating for all you dedicated smokers. Serving lunch and dinner from 11am - 11pm Sun thru Thurs and 11am – 1am Fri & Sat 365 days a year!
7 – 42” plasma TV’s, 3 projectors, 6 satellite feeds hosting every sporting event know to man or women, an extreme sports VOD (Video on demand) system and local DJ’s…mix this with over 45 local and import beers, a full liquor bar and some of the best food & service on the Pacific coast and you really don’t have an excuse not to join us. moderate.
- Surf Dogs Bar Jaco (Jaco Bar), Jaco, ountarenas (In front of Budget rent a car), ☎ (506)2643-3230, e-mail: email@example.com. 11:00am to 2:00am. You will find a lot of bars in Jaco Costa Rica, but we can be sure that Surf Dogs is one of the best you can check our trip advisor, and confirm it, we always are trying to prepare something new and better for all the people who come to our bar, for local people and tourist, you also can check our facebook or our YouTube channel there you will see all the updates that we have. If this is your first time in Costa Rica feel free to contact us, we can help you with your party. Fron$1 to $10.
There are numerous, small shops and stands all along Jaco's main strip that runs parallel to the water. Most of these stalls offer similar things: jewelry, fabric, surf clothes, knick-knacks, and traditional Costa Rican gifts. There is also a small mall, El Galeone, along the main street. There are a few unique stores in the mall, as well as an ATM on the second floor. Many stores offer Costa Rican handicrafts and souvenirs. A couple places that seem to offer more unique, higher quality offerings are Guacamole (clothing and accessories) and The Costa Rica Coffee Experience, where you can sample coffees from various growing regions and buy the beans to take home too.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Jacó on Wikivoyage.