7 hotels in this place
Placencia is at the southern tip of the resort Placencia peninsula in Belize.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Placencia
Rent a kayak and snoop around the lagoon. Manatees, crocodiles, dolphins and birds.
Popular events in Placencia in the near future
- Chill out on the beach.
- Take a sailing trip with Nextwave Sailing, or one of the other sailing charters in town. Go fly fishing. Take an eco-tour and go snorkeling with D-tourz or Nite Wind.
- For Scuba Diving or snorkeling check out Splash Dive, near the end of the Sidewalk [].
- universal energy dome, Main Street, Harbour Place (behind Michelo), ☎ 523 3519. 8am-6pm. yoga, meditation, meditation + healing techniques free.
The best seafood is at Lost In Paradise Beach Shop & Pirates Grill, located on the sidewalk in Placencia. Great baja fish tacos, ceviche, shrimp cocktails, nachos, burritos, tapas and philly cheese steak subs, vegetarian meals. Great affordable meals, small location, great food on the go. Breakfast, Coffee and Wifi available.
Actually, you can find quite a bit of good food and a few places for great food. A few suggestions would be Barefoot Beach Bar for burgers, smoked fish, smoked chicken and cold beer. French Connection offers limited seating and astonishingly good food. Tratoria offers good italian, theres another italian place above Wallens Market, that's also quite nice. If you want to spend a lot of money you could visit one of the resorts, though it's not the best way to spend your money. De Tatch is the best place for local food. Seafood, chicken and daily specials reasonable.
- Danube, Austrian Restaurant, Main Road, Seine Bight (South End of Seine Bight, 2.5 miles from Airpor), ☎ (501) 610 0132. 4.30-10.30pm. Viennese Schnitzel, Goulash, Dumplings, Apple Strudel, Sacher Cake and other Austrian Specialties. Candle light, AC indoors, lounge area outdoor. Cuban and Mexican Cigars for sale US$4-25.
- Belgian Cafe, Main Street, Harbour Place (north end sidewalk), ☎ 523 3519. 8am to 2.30pm. different breakfast and lunch made with love and passion, (espresso, latte, eggs, toasted sandwiches, salads, waffles, crepes, cream puffs), free WiFi internet for patrons, speak english, spanish, german, french, dutch
Belikin Beer (they also make a decent stout), or One Barrel rum, both products of Belize.
The local coconut rum is surprisingly good, and happy hour at the Barefoot Beach Bar (6-7pm) is the best place to be. They also have an excellent band on a Sunday evening, Inner Vibrations.
The very good artesian water from the tap.
- Boson's Chair Internet Cafe (Launromat), Placencia Sidewalk (South end sidewalk near Ice House), ☎ 523-4063. 7 AM to 6 PM. Drip Coffee, Latte, Mocha, Belikin or add a Coco rum to your Latte Sit and chill watching the boats or check your e-mail while you wait for your Laundry
Buy from the locals. Maya women and girls typically line the sidewalk from the early morning hours.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Placencia on Wikivoyage.