18 hotels in this place
Taoyuan(桃園) is an industrial city in northern Taiwan.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Taoyuan
Taoyuan is primarily an industrial city and has few distinctive features. However, if you get stranded at Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport overnight and don't want to pay over the odds at the airport hotel or travel the extra kilometers into Taipei, you might consider spending the night here. Despite lacking tourist sites, the city does have several large shopping malls, good coffee shops and, due to a large number of overseas workers employed at local factories, also boasts several cheap South Asian eateries.
- shopping - the city has some good department stores.
- . Tigerhead mountain (Hu Tou Shan) is a popular spot for first dates and also has well-maintained hiking trails. Watch out for snakes if you're hiking. There are a few snack shops at the top of the mountain.
- Popcorn chicken is a local speciality sold from street corner stalls.
- Bistrot Latini, No. 128 Shin-pu 6th Street (Shin pu is off of Da Xing between Jing Guo and Jung Jeng), ☎ 03-3463461. 11-8. Recently renovated, Latini offers simple but well-cooked Italian food. The owner and head chef, Dan Wu, speaks English and is very helpful and friendly. Try the pumpkin soup and panini. Also offers a good selection of fancy coffees.. including espresso with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. $150 NT and up.
- . Cong dra bing (pronounced tsong draw bing) is a scallion pancake that the vendor cooks on a griddle and fluffs up before searing on scrambled egg and a variety of toppings like bacon and fresh basil. The traditional sauce they put on top is soy-based, but you can ask for spicy. Absolutely delicious. Usually a daytime snack, sold on the side of the street by SK II downtown or by Nova computer store.
- Carrefour, Jing guo road (near Da Xing on Jing Guo). In addition to the obvious groceries, this French-owned grocery store has a food court on the top floor with good options. Sushi express, 8 things (Japanese with 7 small side dishes), a Thai restaurant, Meet Fresh, McDonalds and several noodle soup and fried chicken places.
- The 3 Baboons Sports Bar & Grill, Taimall Shopping Center, 112 Nankan Rd, Sec 1. Luchu Hsieng, Taoyuan County, ☎ +886 3 212 2150. 11am-12am. A sports bar and grill featuring western specialties, draught beer, wines and spirits, and a large screen TV for live sports and other events. Foosball, darts, and billiards table. Saturday Night Live Music, Happy Hours, Weekday Lunch Menu. Located on the 1st floor of Taimall Shopping Centre.
- . Tea shops. You can barely walk 100m in Taoyuan without running into a tea shop. Ching xin, Coco and 85 degrees are some of the biggest brands. Ask for green tea (lu cha) or oolong tea. They'll ask how much sugar and ice you want, and shake up your tea like a martini before handing it to you in a sealed cup in a scooter-friendly bag. If you're feeling adventurous, you can add pudding (bu ding), pearls (zhen zhu) or yogurt (duo duo).
Other helpful words: grapefruit: pu tao you lemon: ning meng milk tea: nai cha hot: re de cold: bing de
- The town also has a large IKEA store.
- Off of NanKan road is Taimall, one of the biggest malls in Taiwan.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Taoyuan on Wikivoyage.