25 hotels in this place
Sauraha is a town on the border of the Chitwan National Park.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Sauraha
- Rare one-horned Rhino in Chitwan National Park (and many more wild animals)
- Elephant Breeding Centre
- Tharu Cultural Museum
- Seraichuli, the Chepang Hill Trek
- Devghat - a Hindu religious destination
- Chitwan National Park and the 20,000 lakes
- International Elephant Race (December)
- Elephant polo
Popular events in Sauraha in the near future
Sauraha, Chitwan District, lies just across the Rapti River from Chitwan National Park. It is the eastern gateway to the park. The town provides tourism services including jungle safaris and primarily caters to tourists. Beginning literally as small and very quaint Tharu village of mud and daub huts and houses, with a half dozen mud and daub hotels, it has grown, for good or ill, into a small quiet town full of Western-style hotels/resorts, restaurants, Internet cafes, and gift shops.
Jungle and wildlife safaris by foot, jeep and elephant. You may see the great one horned rhinoceros (there are hundreds of them in Chitwan). Also many types of deer, monkeys, and rarely, Sher Khan, the great Indian Tiger.
Bird watching in and around the jungle. Especially Dashajar Tal (20,000 lakes) wetlands area approximately 10 km northwest of Sauraha.
- Hamro Resturant. Typical Nepali food (Dal Bhat).
- Madipure's Resturant. Typical Nepali food (Dal Bhat).
- Samjhana Resturant. Typical Nepali food (Dal Bhat).
- Hotel Park Side Terrace Restaurant.
- Hungry Eye.
- Jungle Pub.
- Jungle View Restaurant.
- KC's Restaurant.
- Park View Restaurant (Opposite the visitors centre at the end of Sauraha). It doesn't look like much from the outside, but the chef, Chitra, was trained in one of the resorts. The prices are much lower then in the resorts. You might have to wait a while until it's done. Arrak or beer available. Chicken steak sizzler, chicken burger, or lasagna.
- Sweet Memory, Sauraha (Halfway through the town opposite the big field). 07:00-22:00. Small family-run restaurant, decorated in local style, with lots of surprises on the menu. Best coffee in town.
There are a dozen or more gift shops around the main bazaar area. Tharu wares like dhokiya-woven colourful baskets are made locally from rice straw.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Sauraha on Wikivoyage.