15 hotels in this place
Nungwi is a charming litte village at the northern tip of Zanzibar.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Nungwi
Popular events in Nungwi in the near future
- Scuba dive around Mnemba atoll. with East Africa Diving for double dive $180USD.
- Scuba Dive around Nungwi Tumbatu & Mnemba. with Divine Diving from 95$-125$ for double dive.
- Yoga. Divine Diving Yoga & Dive Center 20$ for 90min class.
- Sunset cruise. Take a 2 hour on a dhow down to Kendwa and back ($15USD per person). Alternatively, hire the whole dhow and enjoy a private cruise, lingering where you wish ($40USD). Clever negotiation may get you free snorkling equipment hire and a stop at Kendwa where you can leap over the side and snorkle on the reef.
- Visit the Mnarani Aquarium. Sea Turtle Conservation area 7000TSH or $5USD per person.
- Visit the fish market. Come at 7am and see the "Boat Builders" right beside fish market.
- Murina Cafè. Local food, clean and cheap.
- Langi Langi Beach Bungalows Restaruant. Excellent food with a fine sea view. One of the better places to eat in Nungwi 13000TSH.
- Flame Tree Cottages Restaurant. This place has a shorter menu than most places, and the food is mediocre at best. If you're not a fan of seafood, ask before ordering anything not in the seafood section of the menu - even the "Chicken with coconut sauce" is mostly fish.
- Cholo's bar. The most chilled out bar ever. Hamocks above the bar, the urinal is a bath tub and the benches are halved dhows. The beer is 3,500 shillings for Tusker Kili or others. The music they play is well selected and makes the beach, which the bar is directly on, even more pleasant to do nothing on.
There were no ATMs in Nungwi as of November 2013.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Nungwi on Wikivoyage.