19 hotels in this place
Plettenberg Bay is a small coastal resort in South Africa's Western Cape. It's a good stop off point for the Garden Route if you're looking to be closer to the beach than nearby Knysna.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Plettenberg Bay
- Robberg Nature and Marine Reserve is a 4 km long peninsula south east of Plett, and due to the location of it on the South African coast, it acts as a speed bump to the sea life that migrates up and down the coast. There is a huge Cape Fur seal colony at the foot of the peninsula in the bay, and whales are often seen during in the bay in the whale migration season, Great Whites have been seen in the bay around the time when seal pups are young. Theres also a colony of penguins that are here part of the year.
Popular events in Plettenberg Bay in the near future
About Plettenberg Bay
- Birds of Eden (At Monkeyland, The Crags, 16 km outside Plet, east along the N2), ☎ +27 44 5348906, fax: +27 44 534-8907, e-mail: email@example.com. The largest enclosed aviary in the world.
- Dolphin Adventures, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. For a true blue adventure why not get up close and personal with the ocean and its visitors.
- Goose Valley Golf Estate (Goose Valley) (N2 Motoway Plett, just outside Plett, towards P.E.), ☎ +27 44 5335082. A beautiful 18 hole golf course designed by Gary Player.
- Ocean Blue Adventures. 1.5. Doing a sea safari is an excellent way to get up close and see the sea life in the bay. With close encounter permits, they are allowed up close to the sea life. Most trips see some dolphins, seals are always seen, but shark and whale sightings are obviously seasonal. lat=.
- Ocean Safaris, ☎ +27 827845729, e-mail: email@example.com. Holds a permit to conduct close encounters with the marine life in the bay as well as being fair trade in tourism and Green Ticket certified. Owner run company with a passion for the ocean. Sightings are great all year round with official season from July-December when we sight both southern right and humpback whales. We sight Brydes whales throughout the year with sightings being the most prolific during the summer months. Dolphins frequent the bay on almost a daily basis and sightings include: the playful bottlenose, energetic commons, and the endangered humpbacked dolphins.
- Mugg 'n Bean, The Market Square, Beacon Way, ☎ +27 44 533 1486, fax: +27 44 533 2501. Great place for breakfast, lunch or coffee.
- Flashbacks on the main road, good lively bar, especially during Matric Rage.
- VIP - Vegas in Plett, is a club just outside the town. Great night out!
- The Clubhouse Restaurant (Goose Valley Restaurant), The Clubhouse @ Goose VAlley Golf Estate (Just outside Plett, East on the N2), ☎ 0445330889. 7am-late. Lovely golf club dining, varied menu with weekly specials. Dinner in the evenings is by booking only and they Cater for functions including weddings, golf days etc
Plettenberg Bay has a number of unique shops with talented and creative designers.
The Market Square which is the largest and hosts Pick n pay, Woolworths and a number of other chainstores.
Mellvilles Centre hosts the Spar, a charity shop, PNA and a great little coffee shop amongst others.
Milkwood Centre: Situated on Central Beach and is home to Ocean Safaris holder of one of a few close encounter whale watching permits, Dolphin Adventures Sea kayaking, The Yellow wood Spur, Fat Fish Seafood Restaurant, Live Green wholesome fresh food, and a beach hire and sales shop. A great addition to this centre is the newly opened Plett Beachfront accommodation which is the closest you will get to the sea on central beach with great prices.
Liv Green : Situated in Milkwood Centre on Central Beach.
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Plettenberg Bay on Wikivoyage.