6 hotels in this place
Walvis Bay is located at Namibia's west coast and the only commercial port of the country.
No rooms are available for given criteria.
Filter the result
- 5 star hotel
- 4 star hotel
- 3 star hotel
- 2 star hotel
- 1 star hotel
- over 100 hotels
- 50-100 hotels
- 20-50 hotels
- 5-20 hotels
- below 5 hotels
Points of Interest
- Business object
- Civic property
- Golf course
- Green space
- Historic site
- Interesting place
- Sports facility
Points of Interest in Walvis Bay
- Wetlands. Three important wetlands exist for migratory birds. The lagoon is south-west of town and the habitat for flamingos and the endangered Damara tern.
- Flamingos. Flamingos feed in the shallow waters by the beach and in the wetlands.
About Walvis Bay
There are quite some activities to do in Walvis Bay.
- Kite Surfing.. Head on down to the lagoon to ride the waves. Lessons and euipment by
- Go fishing., ☎ +264 64 2016111. Rods can be rented. You need a fishing permit though which can be bought at the ministry of fisheries for 14 N$ for 30 days (Inspectorate Office, 1st Street, monday-sunday 8-13). Speak to the locals about the various fishing spots.
- Dolphin watching., ☎ +264 64 205 511. Checkout Mola Mola cruises for dolphin and seal cruises.
- Dune boarding. Buy a dune board in town and head 6km out of town to Dune 7 for an inexpensive thrill.
- The Raft Restaurant Bistro and Bar. A Great Restaurant with great atmosphere, on a pier in the lagoon, an absolute must if you are in Walvis Bay. Large restaurant offering a huge a la carte menu, and bistro and bar area with the best pizzas and burgers for miles. Definitely worth the drive from Swakopmund (a mere 35kms).For directions, just ask anybody for 'The Lagoon' it's on stilts in the water opposite The Pelican Bay Hotel, you can't miss it. Phone +264 64 204877. 
- Crazy Mama's. Funky bistro with pizza, salad and vegetarian options.
- Probst. A German cafe serving some of the best sandwiches. Try the "rawhak" roll.
- Bonaroma. Great Italian inspired food, lots of seafood as is common with Walvis Bay. Friendly staff
The Raft Restaurant and Bar, A lively bar and bistro offering great views and wood fired pizza in Bistro area. Top class Restaurant also within the same premises. +264 64 204877
This article is based on Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike 3.0 Licensed text from the article Walvis Bay on Wikivoyage.